Lost in the Woods (Part 1)

Title: Lost in the Woods (Part 1) 

Pairing: Spideynova (Peter Parker/Sam Alexander) 

Summary: When Spider-Man and Nova crash land in the woods, they are forced to spend the night together in a small shack, in the middle of the forest, during one of the biggest snowstorms New York has seen in years. With Peters's body temperature rapidly declining and one of Sam's oldest enemies lurking in the woods, the two aren't sure they'll live to see daybreak. Featuring already-established relationship Spideynova and some creative tweaks to the Nova helmet lore

Authors Notes: This bingo prompt will have 5 parts to it. 

The long-awaited Spideynova fic! I have been working on this baby for the past 2 ¾ months and I'm so excited to start posting it!

This is for Jas (because she is amazing) and Houston who is the personification of the Spideynova brainrot. You're both amazing and I hope you enjoy this nugget of Spideynova fluff and angst I've prepared for you!

Their landing isn't soft, even with a thick pile of snow to cushion the fall.

At first, Sam's arms are curled around him, and he'd angled himself so he was taking the brunt of the hit as they collided with trees on their way down, and while Peter appreciated how thoughtful his boyfriend was, they were still wrenched apart after hitting a particularly large tree and went ricocheting in opposite directions. Peter watched Sam's blue glow disappear among the forest and snow, and seconds later branches snapped and whipped around him, he narrowly missed a tree trunk, and he slammed into the ground. Hard.

The impact knocked him out for a few minutes, but when he came to he didn't know where he was. He was looking skyward, at the flakes of snow floating through the treetops as they melted onto his suit and froze the skin beneath. Earlier, when the fight against aliens initially broke out, the cold temperature had been soothing against his hot, adrenaline-fueled body, but now he was beginning to cool down and the sting of snow and wind made his limbs feel thick and numb. He sat up slowly, head pounding where it smacked the ground, or at least he tried to. When applied with pressure, his right arm erupted in pain and Peter yelped, collapsing and cradling it close to his chest. The wrist dangled at an unnatural angle and the skin was already bruised from taking the brunt of his fall.

He hissed, sharp and under the breath, but didn't attempt to sit up again. Every inch of him ached. Branches had torn into his suit on the way down and he could feel warm blood trickling from the cuts they left behind. One particular branch had got him across the face and sliced his cheek, his fingers danced along the bleeding gash with another hiss. He took stock of the rest of his injuries.

Possible concussion. Bruises and cuts everywhere. Broken wrist. Left leg ached, but his right ankle pulsed with red hot pain from getting snagged by an upturned root as he'd rolled across the forest floor. Sprained, Peter guessed.

Not a good landing, and certainly not the best he's ever experienced, but he's lived through worse.

The longer Peter lay there the more snow came down and it was only getting thicker with each passing minute. He needed to get up and move, the storm coming was supposed to be a doozy. The whole city had been issued a blizzard warning and the streets were closed off early to avoid any problems or health risks. Peter didn't know how far off he and Sam shot, or if they were even close to New York City anymore, but he wondered if the storm would still hit them with such force.

Thankfully, his decision to get a move on was made for him in the form of one Sam Alexander. Peter heard him before he saw him, a far-off voice shouting, "Spidey? Spidey?"