(2) Secret Job

"Teenage angst has paid off well. 
Now I'm bored and old. 
Self-appointed judges judge.
More than they have sold"
-Serve the Servants, Nirvana

An alarm clock went off, playing a loud buzzing noise. Waking a teenage, purple-haired girl by the name of Kyoka Jiro. She sighed, turning it off and getting out of bed, dressing herself, brushing her teeth, and going through the normal motions of her daily routine.

She left the house, walking to school as usual and meeting up with Mina to continue her walk to school. They had their normal conversations, which really just meant Mina would ramble about whatever came to mind and Kyoka hardly spoke. They were walking past a corner around some hedge-bushes, when Kyoka heard the fast rolling of wheels. They weren't tires though, they sounded to solid and hard.

Kyoka stopped, but Mina didn't, continuing to walk, as (about a second after Kyoka heard it), the object the sound was coming from emerged from the corner, it being the dude they met yesterday on a skateboard, hurtling into Mina at a very fast speed, causing the both to fall over.

Kyoka acted quickly, grabbing Mina by her arm and keeping her from falling over onto the concrete. Unfortunately, (Y/N) wasn't so lucky, as he fell off, though he easily regained balance (likely due to his cat quirk), and when Kyoka looked over, he was looking around for his board. "My bad. You good?" He asked, while looking around, before spotting it and retrieving his board, which flew into the tall hedge-bushes.

Mina nodded, standing back up and looking at him. "Yeah I th- wait, you're the boy from yesterday, right?" She asked, as her face gained a grin.

"Yeah.  You're Mina right?" He looked over to Kyoka. "And Kyoka?"

They both nodded. "You wanna sit with us at lunch again today?"  Mina asked, smiling, as (Y/N) looked off thoughtfully.

"Probably. I was planning on trying to sit with some of the sports kids today, but given my fight with What's-His-Face yesterday, they probably wouldn't let me."

"Cool! Wanna walk to school with us?" She followed up.

"Sure." (Y/N) responded, shrugging his shoulders.

The trio walked to school, with Mina and (Y/N) wholly contributing the the conversation. However, (Y/N) took notice of this. "Does she talk this much, normally?" He spoke in a half-whisper.

Kyoka rolled her eyes. "I can hear, you know."

"I'm glad to hear it." He smiled. "What's your problem with me, anyway?"

Kyoka scoffed. "I don't know. I guess I just don't have anything to say."

(Y/N) laughed, half-heartedly. "Nothing? Are you sure? You like music right? Thats why you asked me about it yesterday.  What kind of music do YOU listen to?"

"Like... probably nothing you know. Why are you such a dick?" Kyoka asked, genuinely annoyed with the boy's confrontational and mocking nature.

Mina forced a laugh, trying to ease any tension that may have been created, but (Y/N) merely shrugged as a response, before elaborating: "What you would call me being a 'dick' as you put, ever so succinctly, I call possessing backbone. I'm not gonna become a pro hero by being a spineless loser." As he spoke, he raised his skateboard above his head, pointing it to the sky and striking a pose for dramatic effect. "Now, Ms. Kyoka Middle-Name Jiro, what kind of music do you listen to?"