Trouvaille

This was my first ever piece of  writing, which I had posted on another site in June, 2017. Now posting it here as well without any changes. Happy Reading!

___________________________________________

"Shivaay sir, the Singhanias are here" called out his secretary, bringing him the related files for the meeting, "They are waiting in the conference room".

"Make sure they are comfortable. I'll be there in a while", was his short response. This deal was very important for him. If everything went as per his plan, then stocks of the Oberoi Industries will be soaring the skies. He left his cabin for the conference room while mentally remembering all the clauses to be discussed in the meeting. It was his last meeting for the day and then he would leave for his home, the Oberoi Mansion; he could call it his home only because of his brothers and his dadi waiting for him there. They were his lifelines. A smile appeared on his face as he thought of his brothers. They were three bodies but one soul. Three parts of the same story. Omkara, the artist; his beautiful pieces of sculpture, his paintings on which he would vent out all his emotions and his shayris, which they would never understand. And his baby brother Rudra, always lightening the atmosphere with his antics. Even though they all called him Duffer Singh Oberoi, he very well understood the matters and their seriousness. It was his antics that kept him sane, he (Shivaay) believed, otherwise he might have gone in depression long back. (Sigh). His dadi always kept telling them that they will get their takkar ki Jodi and they will also become Ishqbaaz. But he had no place for love in his life. After what he had seen in his home since long, he hated love or rather he feared love. We generally tend to hate the things we fear....

Breaking his chain of thought, he pushed open the door to the conference room to be greeted by the members of the board and his clients, The Singhania Industries.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Mr. Singhania"

"Not a problem Mr. Oberoi. We have been discussing the terms of agreement with Mr. Mishra here."

Very soon the MOU between both the companies was signed.

"Congratulations, so we are officially business partners now Mr. Oberoi. I would like you to meet her (Referring to the lady standing next to him). She'll be working with you on this project on behalf of the Singhania Industries. She's one of our best employees."

Shivaay- "Hello, I am Shivaay Singh Oberoi, pleasure meeting you, and you Miss...?"

"Anika. I am Anika, and nice meeting you to. I look forward to work with you"

And this is how it all started. Little did they know that just a simple business meeting was going to change their entire life.

Shivaay and Anika started working on the project. They were quite formal with each other initially but soon they turned into best of friends. Shivaay told her all about his brothers Omkara and Rudra, about how they were his life and his dadi, the head of the Oberoi family, who kept the whole family together; while Anika told him about her life, her family, her friends at work and elsewhere, the pranks which she had played on everyone and so on...

They spent most of the time together working on the project and used to hang out together when they took breaks. She was sincere in her work but was a fun loving person while Shivaay was more of a workaholic. They were poles apart but yet similar. They fitted perfectly as if completing each other's missing piece of puzzle.

They didn't know when between work, fights, hangouts, stealing glances at each other, they had fallen for each other very badly. Anika acknowledged her feeling whereas Shivaay wasn't ready to accept them. After all that he had seen at his home, he hated this emotion, this feeling of love. He forced himself to believe that they were just friends.