SAGE - [a bomb on the train]

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

┊ ┊ ┊ ✫

┊ ┊ ✩

┊ ⊹ ✯

✯

"THE WERETIGER?" Murasaki replied thoughtfully. "Was he alone?"

"He was with another, a female." 

The lady nodded, pursing her lips in thought. "Hm. Mori remains stubborn in his wish to acquire the boy, so perhaps I will make another attempt today. Do go home child, it's not safe out here."

The girl bowed again with a ghost of a smile, and disappeared.

"Who was that?" Chuuya came back out, holding a box in his arms.

"One of the port mafia. She is like a daughter to me"

The male almost dropped his box. "A what?" His grey eyes widened.

"A daughter. She might as well be my child--I consider her quite dear, and I hope she sees me as a mother." Murasaki had a sorrowful and faraway look in her eyes.

Chuuya stood open mouthed, shocked at the show of affection. Murasaki Shikibu was most certainly not known for affection or love, any sign of emotion. He felt..he couldn't put a finger on it, but he knew it must be akin to jealousy.

"Today, I will go home by the train. You may head back." Murasaki said, before whispering-- "Fly."

She started to float, before slowly rising higher. Then, she zoomed off into the sky, towards the nearest train station.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

When the woman arrived on the platform, she saw Atsushi and a purple haired lady next to him.

She quietly slipped on with them on the next train, and sat down. Many people stared because of her kimonos and her fan, but she ignored them. They were irrelevant after all.

Suddenly, the train halted to a stop, and the conductor said something about an experiment.

Murasaki yawned, until her phone vibrated in her obi.

"Yes?"

"Nee-san. There is a bomb on the train you're on, meant for the insects aboard. It is strapped to Kyoka." Akutagawa said quickly.

The woman narrowed her eyes in anger. 

"You strapped a bomb on her?"

"Mori said it was necessary."

"No, I know it was your idea. He would not order something so irrational and foolish. I swear, if she gets hurt you will know nothing but my anger."

On the other side of the line, Akutagawa gulped in fear. Perhaps this was not the best idea. All he had wanted was to get rid of the girl Murasaki doted on all the time.

Murasaki stood up quickly, gritting her teeth as the train jolted. She cut the call, crushing the phone.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

On the other side, Akutagawa frowned as he turned to look at Dazai, who stood shackled to the wall in the basement of the mafia. 

The man was grinning mockingly. "She's gonna hate you after this~"

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

The female pushed her way roughly through the people, heading towards where she knew Kyoka was.

When she finally arrived, however, she saw that Kyoka was standing face to face with Atsushi, the weretiger boy.

"Kyoka. Are you hurt? Forgive me for being late."

"Mother." The girl whispered, surprising Atsushi. Mother?

"You strapped a bomb to your daughter? How could you? Thats despicable!" He cried.

"Shut up! Don't say that about her! Mother would never do that!" Kyoka defended, surprising both Murasaki and Atsushi.

Murasaki shushed the girl, caressing her head.

"You know nothing. This was not my doing, my darling, but I'm sorry I let this happen--come, let me take that horrid thing off of you." She told Kyoka, and bent down to take off the bomb. 

"M-mother, Akutagawa-san said this was a heroic way for me to die and show the might of the mafia."

Murasaki scoffed, continuing to hack the contraption.

"Ignore that idiotic brat. There are other ways to prove your worth than dying. Turn around for me darling."

Atsushi stood watching as the woman managed to finally rip off the ticking bomb, and throw it out the train.

"Kyoka, listen to me. I want you to go with the weretiger boy, and enjoy Yokohama. I will be following you silently, invisible. Akutagawa will probably come and try to take you. I will appear then. Do you understand?" The woman said, clearly and sharply.

Kyoka nodded, confused and shocked.

Murasaki smiled, a pure and bright smile without any malice, and pushed her towards Atsushi. 

"Let her have fun for a bit."