Chapter 1

A/N: 'ey, mates! How's it doin'? Anyways, I've decided to write a story. Now, take note this is an angsty and friendship fic. If you can't handle angst, I suggest you to tap/click the back button. If you will, then see you later! If you're tough and rough, you may continue.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

14 December 2002

"Uncle Neah?" A brown haired young boy called out, his voice quiet as he peeped from a corner of the hall. His silver eyes were locked on Neah Walker, his uncle that he respected and loved as much as his father and Neah's older brother, Mana Walker.

Neah jumped slightly at the voice and glanced back at the young boy, and gave a relived sigh at the figure of the child. "Allen. What are you doing up early in the morning?" The man inquired, golden eyes softening as he spoke those words. Little Allen blinked widely at his uncle, and glanced at his uncle's hand that was clutching the knob of the door.

"Where is Uncle Neah going?"

A frown etched onto little Allen's lips as he sauntered forward, his finger pointing almost accusingly at the door knob held firmly by his uncle.

The golden eyed man clicked his tongue and muttered something under his breath, the black haired man sighed and knelt before his nephew. He was smiling like how people would when they're about to say sorry.

But Uncle Neah didn't do anything wrong.

He didn't.

He wasn't going to do something wrong.

Allen knows that.

But something inside him screams that the man before him would commit an unforgivable sin. In which God will return with a heavy punishment.

What is Uncle Neah going to do?

"Allen."

"Y-yes..?"

Neah's face turned somber as he smiles that painful smile of his.

Why?

"Allen. I want you to be strong. Be like Mana. You might not know this, but..." The smile falters a bit as Neah averts his eyes from the curios and innocent silver ones. Looking very guilty. "...Mana is sick."

Allen felt a chill run down his spine at the simple sentence. Mana was sick. How can he not notice that? How?! He was with Mana everyday and yet he hasn't noticed his father being eaten from the inside?!

"What—" Allen's strangled yell was cut off by Neah harshly shushing him, the man glanced at the dark hallway, and sighed in relief when no other sounds were heard.

He turned back to his trembling nephew, and spoke, "Mana needs rest. Try not to be too loud. As for what we'll do," Neah got up and faced the door as he took out a pair of car keys. The only pair of car keys.

"Uncle Neah..?"

"you'll stay here with Mana."

"But...where is—"

Click.

"....Uncle Neah..?"

He was gone.
...
Why?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

13 January 2013

Allen's P.O.V