Chapter 3

15 December 2002

"Allen, where's your uncle?" Mana inquired softly as both he and Allen took a walk towards Missus Claire's to help with selling bread like always.

After Allen had given him his tea,-Mana was rather perturbed at the fact Allen used a kitchen knife without his consent-he noticed that in their house it was silent. Not deadly silent or anything, mind you, but Neah would usually be playing his piano by then. It concerns the older brother when he didn't here the usual beautiful 'plunk's of the piano when Neah's fingers glided from key to key.

Allen knew the question would come. And had planned ahead. "Neah went to work last night..." Okay, 70% of that was true while 30% of that was a lie. Yes. It should work...

Mana hummed an affirmative and sighed mentally.

Allen glanced at his father's worried face, and deflated. He knew his father was worried for Uncle Neah.

And honestly, he was scared of the man.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

13 January 2013

Allen sighed as he trudged into his apartment, and smiled tiredly when he saw Timcanpy sat by the entrance, waiting for him loyally. "Woof!" Timcanpy barked enthusiastically, sprinting towards his owner.

The white haired boy scratched his dog behind the ear after locking the door, "Hey, boy. How'd it do here?" Timcanpy lolled out his tongue, "Woof! Woof!"

Allen chuckled and settled down his satchel on his desk. Now, it was time for him to complete homework.

.

.

.

"Oh dear, 3 o'clock already?" Allen mumbled incredulously, standing up. He sighed, sauntering towards his kitchen, thinking over in what he should make for supper.

"Ah.... Not much left..." Allen frowned at the revelation of the lack of ingredients. Allen wracked his brain in whether he should bother go groceries and be a little late for his job, or just buy a snack from a vendor.

Chills went down the whitette's spine as he instantly chose the latter. He was not ready for a certain orange head's wrath. Not after the warning she gave the last time he was late. She literally broke his nose!

"Woof! Woof!" Allen was snapped out of his reverie by his dog's loud barks from the living room. Curious in what the labrador sensed, Allen strode for the living room, grabbing his key in the process.

Unlocking the door, Allen hesitantly twisted the door knob and opened it to a figure of...Kanda...?

Allen was shell-shocked for a few minutes until the raven head had enough. "Oi, baka usagi, you should come in. I think moyashi's broken." "Eh?" Allen glanced at where Kanda was glaring.

And thought he had a heart attack once again, because by the sliding door of his balcony was a deflated red headed rabbit.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!"

.

.

.

Allen's eye brow twitched. "So you're saying that you two live directly atop my apartment, and once you found out I live here," Allen gestured to his apartment "you decided to" Allen made air quotations with his fingers "'pay me a visit'."