Heartbreak

It was 6:30pm and Linda was ready.
Her red luxurious gown, her curled up, glowing, long hair and her pretty but light makeup. She prayed to God for forgiveness, protection and love, before leaving the hotel and entering her car parked outside in the hotel's driving lot.

She went to the Valentine shops and bought an expensive Rolex watch with a luxurious sweet box of chocolates all done in a beautiful packaging. She drove through, seeing all the wonders and beauty of NYC. It was her third visit here.
The first time, was when Ken and Linda met, second was their first anniversary party. It was really big.  Famous friends of Ken and friends from Linda's home town came. It was one party to remember.

She passed a lot of beautiful sights that NYC was popularly known for, the Statue of Liberty, Center park and other exciting places. Men, women, children walking around, some holding hands, some sitting down on benches or some talking. NYC was a very populous city. Though, she couldn't explore NYC because she had reached her destination. She parked her car infront of the huge company with it's headlines reading, 'MYSTREX CORP'. She smiled to herself and got out of the car with her gifts, gracefully walking in, in her new dress into the company.

Workers were walking in different directions, everyone doing their jobs and minding their business. She looked around. The company was huge.
"Technology is really doing good in this generation" Linda said to herself as she walked and looked around the enormous company.

She reached the reception, approaching the receptionist, who was writing something down on a huge notebook. Linda tapped on the table, getting the receptionist's attention. He looked up and smiled.
"Good evening Linda, happy Valentine's Day!" He greeted as he dropped the pen on the notebook giving all his attention to Linda.

Linda smiled back at him, "Hi Bernard, Happy Valentine's Day to you too"

Bernard was the receptionist of Mystrex Corp. Brown shaggy hair with a gotee beard and brown coffee skin. He was a very chill guy and so Linda didn't imagine Bernard in a suit, it wasn't just his style.
"Thanks Linda. So I know why you're here" He said wiggling his eyebrows. Linda got the message.

"Bernard....." she whined.

"I know, I know.....anyways he said I should send you this today but since you're here.....", Bernard bent down under his table and brought out a basket, full with valentine gifts, treats and beautiful roses.
Linda's eyes widened in surprise as she gasped at the basket.
"Aww. Ken did too much!" She then took the roses. Roses were her favorite. She sniffed in.
"Very fresh." She said. 

"Yep! He felt bad you weren't coming for Valentine's Day so he-wait, if you weren't coming for valentine, why are you here?"

"Shh! I wanna surprise Ken. I bought gifts for him too!" She said as she raised the red plastic bags she was holding in her hands for Bernard to see doing a little dance to express her happiness. Bernard smiled at her cute show,

He chuckled.
"Ken is really lucky to have her" he thought.

When Linda was done with her little show she turned to Bernard again,
"So is he in his office?" She asked.

"Oh no no, he's not. He had a meeting with one of his business partners like ten minutes ago, you just missed him" Bernard said shaking his head sadly.

Linda's smile dropped for a second until she smiled again,
"Don't worry I'll wait!" She said.

"Really? Are you sure? It'll take time till he gets back-"

"Bernard don't worry, I'm patient" she assured him.
Bernard sighed and gave up. When Linda Rose has made a decision, no one can change it. He led her to the V.I.P lounge to wait. When Linda settled down, Bernard went back to his post to continue his work.