chapter 5- frog

(Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes)

----milsy wetlands-----

(no ones pov)

"Does this guy think we're stupid? If you tell us that hinges are gonna trick us then we won't fall for it!" Leorio yelled from the side of you, splaying  his arms out and laughing confidently, others around agreed, you and killua both knew not to listen to the oreo guy, for this was the hunters exam, nothing is easy for the hunters exam.

"WAIT DONT GO WITH HIM ITS A TRICK!" A male voice yelled from around the corner, a beat up man rounded, everyone's eyes were latched into the yelling guy, when his words were registered into your mind, confusion immediately clouded your senses. What would me satotz be tricking you about?

"I AM THE EXAMINER FOR THIS HUNTERS EXAM, THAT MAN IS A BEAST LURING YOU HERE TO EAT YOU!" The man screamed, pointing at the mustache man who could somehow talk without a mouth, all eyes followed, this exclamation was sure causing a fuss. You looked at killua from your standing point, and he held you gaze, slowly shaking his head. That's how you knew it was fake, killuas right almost all the time.

"So that's why he walks so wierd? He's a monster!"

"How else could he run so long and not be tired? It makes perfect sense!"

"I agree with it! That man isn't a man at all!"

"ITS TRU-" the man started up again, not before 6 cards flew simultaneously in opposite directions, cutting through the crowd of protesting people. The strawberry haired jester made his presence known as the cards sliced through the man claiming he was the examiner, you could feel the air whooshing against your face as they flew, you stared in awe at the sight, horrified at the once man, now monkey, either way, it's just a corpse now.

"So you are the real examiner~ only the best of the best are hired to pick and choose who passes and fails. Veeryyyy nicceee" he spoke, bending slightly backwards, he widened his arms out, succesfully touching a few contestants (whom backed away in fear).

You stared in complete amazement at the job that scary-clown-man had just done, trying to contain your admiration for the coolness of it.

"Did you see that kil? Do you? That was so cool!" You whispered to your brother, shaking his arm from left to right. If you avoid the fact that the monkey thing is dead now, you just have to realize how amazing that was, the guy litterally just threw a bunch of cards and it stayed flying! If you even tried to do that, you would fail, miserably.

The few contestants who were actually fooled by the ape, looked down, flustered at their own incapability to actually be smart. You almost felt bad for them... almost

"Indeed I am, that being said, if you choose to attack me in any way agin throughout this exam, I will eliminate you, and you will have to
Come back next year. Now, onward with the exam, make sure to follow me closely, you do not want to be lost in these lands alone" he explained, you nodded your head and latched one of your hands onto killuas sleeve, and so the run began... again

—————small time skip———————————

-15 minutes later-

"Hey y/n, gon, we should move to the front" killua whispered, grabbing onto the two of your shoulders. You and gon both stared back at the fluffy takito, wondering why all of a sudden he wanted such a thing.

"Why?" Both you and gon simultaneously questioned, the ground beneath the three of you had grown considerably dimmer due to the fog, to the point where you could barely see it anymore, every step you took was met with a soft "squish" sound ,as it was wet. Many, many more of the contestants had dropped out at this point.