8-Neighbors

Jackie's POV

I had woken up to Serenity hopping on my stomach. I looked at her in her pink onesie. I heard, "Mama! Mama!" I yawned while sitting up. I scooped her into a hug. She said, "Mama! Car!"

I smiled at her, "There's a car?"

I heard from the other room, "There's a limo outside!" I paused at this notion. The hosts shouldn't know where I live...

I called out, "Um, Gramie?"

Sakura yelled, "Yeah?"

I got up packing Serenity in my arms. I peered out the window. Serenity started wallowing in my arms. I let her down. I then looked out again. I mumbled, "Of course..."

Sakura peered out with me, "You know those boys?"

I sighed, "Yeah. They're the club."

I shook my head and headed back to my room. I pulled open the drawer of the dresser. I heard the door creak and noticed Serenity peering in. She asked, "Mama books?"

I smiled, "No. No books today."

She cheered and ran inside. She asked, "Park?" I smiled at her enthusiasm.

I said, "Um..." I grabbed out clothes for her. I slipped her into a grey t-shirt and black shorts. I then put on a black t-shirt. I sighed searching the drawers.

She pulled out the bottom one. She then pulled out denim shorts and shoved them at me. She said, "Mama, here."

I smiled taking them, "Thanks." I watched Serenity start to run out of the room. Her bare feet pattering against the floors. I guess we can leave after the hosts head out.

I started slipping on my shorts. As soon as I got my button done I heard Sakura yell, "Serenity!"

I rushed into the living room to see the front door open. I saw the door ajar. I went to the door and stared at the scene.

It seemed like time had frozen. I saw Tamaki on one knee. He had his hand offered to Serenity. He had a bright smile and closed eyes. Her hair barely curling at the ends hitting the middle of her neck.

Her grey t-shirt and black shorts on. Her bare feet on the concrete. The hosts all staring at her. Honey had excited eyes and a broad smile. The twins looked at her with amused eyes and lazy grins.

Kyoya was staring as well. His glasses had slightly slipped down his nose. He had a blank face yet his glasses not being on perfectly said enough.

Then I looked at Mori. His eyes shown with kindness. He had an otherwise blank face. He doesn't realize...

I was then caught out of my thoughts noticing Sakura a few feet ahead of me. Sakura said, "Serenity!"

Serenity turned to her. I saw her bright blue eyes turn to Sakura. She then looked past Sakura at me. Sakura said, "You can't just run out into the street!"

Serenity had tears form at the corners of her eyes. She said, "Sorry, Gramie!"

She then ran to me. I scooped her up. I placed her on my right hip holding her with one hand. So much for avoiding the hosts. She shoved her face into the side of my chest.

I saw all the hosts' eyes on me. Sakura came over to us. She said, "I didn't expect her to run past me as I opened the door to see what the buzz was about."

I smiled, "It's fine." I looked down at Serenity, "Tell Gramie that you're sorry. You had us both worried."

Serenity peered out at Sakura. She mumbled, "Sorry, Gramie." She shoved her head back into me, "Sorry, Mama."