01 | HOME IS WHERE OUR STORY BEGINS...

Chapter 1

"Home, what a wonderful word"

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

It has been a long time since my last journey outside the orphanage. I've spent my whole adolescence in an orphanage, except for our monthly community services, with no companions, no entertainment, nothing that would make the experience a lot less tragic, and I am at long last out of there. Though I'm simply being employed as a caretaker, I most likely will not remain long, but any place is superior to the shelter, regardless of whether it's simply within a week or so.

I am clueless about my origin, my parents' whereabouts, and why they surrendered me to an orphanage. It hurts not knowing if you were ever loved by someone, or if they even wanted you. My life would probably be complete if I just knew that I was loved, especially by my family. But life doesn't always give you what you desire, right?

Whenever I asked the head of the orphanage for information about my parents, they would consistently figure out how to escape from the conversation, which left me unconscious of my past and inceptions but made me more curious about it.

However, I won't allow my negative contemplations to destroy this new yet captivating experience.

To be honest, I'm anxious about what's yet to occur. I've never taken care of a man, let alone an elderly one; all of my experiences with care-giving have been with orphan children.And trust me when I say it's harder than it looks. Children can be chaotic sometimes, but that's what makes them so fun to be with. Well, the others at least.

Nevertheless, my presence of mind should focus on this exciting experience. That's it. Nothing else.

Seeing what was on the opposite side of the window of the train was a field, simply a field of grass and trees, and that was oddly satisfying to see. I was somewhat used to seeing urban communities and melancholy landscapes back in England, so this, this made my blood siphon up with a wide range of incredible feelings.

I'm excited about what I'm going to encounter. I'm incredibly delighted that my smiling muscles are smiling widely and that butterflies are going wild in my stomach. I have an inclination that I'm going to overflow with fervor.

I have been perched on this train, which felt like forever, while fiddling my fingers due to excitement and tension. Then the steam trumpet sounded, which meant... I had arrived in Avonlea.

I let out a hefty breath as I ventured out of the vehicle. The station was crowded with people, almost too crowded to even walk into. "Well, here I am," I mumbled to myself, expecting to encounter a vastly improved life here.

"Ohh, I am so sorry." I turned around as I bumped into this tall, blonde lady. Great Vera, you have just arrived and your misfortune has already begun. I knew it. Mischief always follows me...