Night Before

One week later...

The final bell rings for classes. Holly grabs her stuff to put in her bag and shuffles out of English with everyone else. She walks to her locker to put her books in and grab the stuff she will need for homework. She grabs her stuff and rushes to the girl's locker room. Hoping not to be late for practice and trying to make a good impression with the coach even though she knew Coach Gonzales liked her and is considering keeping her as a captain for the spring.

Gabi was sitting in the locker room waiting for Holly and taking her time getting changed. She was just finishing getting changed and was tying her shoes on the bench. When Holly rushed in like always. Gabi usually had to wait for Holly because her teacher would like to keep them over their time. Since he knew most lived on campus. But Gabi had Science at the end of the day. So she would leave as soon as possible. Usually, they ended early since she had a duel class so they were in there for multiple classes/ hours.

"Hey, Holls how was class?" "It was fine but he held us late again, are teachers even allowed to do that?" "I'm not sure, but are you ready to kick but and tryouts today?!?" "Yeah!" Holly answered back laughing and rushed to finish getting changed. "You know it's unfair you get to get here on time every day because your teacher doesn't care." "They care Holls, it's just I'm in there for hours so I finish and turn in everything for their class while I'm in there." She responds waited by the door waiting for holly to tie her shoes. Holly grabs her ball and rushes past Gabi. "Hey slowpoke, we are going to be late if you don't hurry up!" Holly screams from the tunnel leading to the field. Gabi scoffed and ran after her friend. "Ya because it was totally me." The girls laughed and run out onto the field.

The girls entered the field and started doing drills with the rest of the girls hoping their coach wouldn't notice, they may have been a minute or two late. "GIRLS! Where were you practice has started?!" Coach yelled at the two walking towards them. "Sorry coach, my fault. My science teacher held me late and Holly being the responsible captain she is made sure I made it to practice!" Gabi lied before Holly could respond. "Yeah okay sure, but captains haven't been decided yet, girls." "Yes, ma'am" the girls answer in unison, they did that a lot. "Can yall stop doing that, and good job Holly, way to step up" Coach Gonzalez told them and walked back to the sideline.

After a few minutes of warming up, Coach Gonzalez blew her whistle, "Okay girls gather up." All the girls trying out this spring running to huddle up on the sideline. "Okay girls let's remember to stay on our side of the field we have to split it with the boys for a while until the other field has been approved from the inspection. We have a very exciting week ahead of us, I want to see yall give 110 percent out there. Leave everything out on the field." The girls are getting excited. "I will be deciding captains and starters by the end of the week. Good luck, and let's get out there, starting with one on one shooting drills. Let's go!" Coach Gonzalez yells and blows her whistle to signal the official start of tryouts. All the girls yell in excitement and run out to the field, lining up to shoot at the goal.

While the girls are practicing passing Holly starts the get nervous. "How do you think this is gonna go?" She softly directed towards her roommate and best friend. Gabi looks up hearing Holly speaking but not having heard what she actually said. She notices Holly looks as if she could pass out or throw up any second. She knew they hadn't done much and the weather was nice at practice. Holly could usually last two practices back to back with heat, so Gabi got immediately worried and stopped passing to her partner and ran over to Holly.