31 ✧ YOU MADE YOUR CHOICE

Aria's POV

Nighttime rolled around at the Burrow and everyone had just finished a hot, filling dinner made by the mother Weasley that could bring a grown man to his knees. I lay on the small mattress that I've been sleeping on for the past week, tossing and turning hoping that sleep would eventually claim me but my eyelids felt as if they weighed the same as cotton balls.

Ginny and Hermione were hanging out in Harry and Ron's room and the last thing I wanted was to be a fifth wheel so I made up the excuse that I was tired and wanted to head to sleep early. Most of my disinterest in socializing came from the Malfoy-related thoughts consuming me to the point where I had to isolate myself to deal with them.

I've been spending every free chance I get by any window hoping that Errol would come charging in with a letter in his beak from a specific Slytherin. Every now and then he would and I would jump out of my seat to open it until I read the name written on the envelope which always seemed to be of every Hogwarts student that wasn't Draco.

It sucked. I was trying so hard and he was just being a huge bag of dicks but what's new right? All I needed was a distraction but one never seemed to come.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. I sat up from my previous position and stood up to open the door, my bare legs brushing against the sheets. "Did you two get tired of flirting with your boyfriends or something?" I joked as I cracked open the door only to find Fred Weasley standing in front of it with an eyebrow cocked.

"Tired of flirting with my boyfriend? Never," he placed a hand over his heart, sarcastically mimicking offense. He's wearing a white tank top that complements his muscular arms and red plaid pajama bottoms.

I can feel the blood rushing to my face in response to the unexpected guess. His eyes travel down my body that was clothed in nothing but a white spaghetti top and lavender silk shorts that barely covered my ass cheeks. I immediately become aware of how exposed I am under his gaze and shift awkwardly.

"Fred...hey," I take a step back and allow him to come in. He sits down onto my mattress and leans back onto his elbows watching me as I awkwardly sit next to him.

"Hey. George is busy sending owls to his little girlfriend and the boys are talking to theirs in their own room so I'd thought I'd come in here and hang with you, I hope that's okay," he smiled.

"Yeah, of course!" Not like I was busy drowning in my hatred for a certain asshole Slytherin or anything.

"Nice uh pajamas, by the way, those are cute," he smirked, shooting a suggestive look towards my very revealing shorts. My eyes widen and I chuckle nervously, folding my legs underneath myself causing him to laugh. "Relax I'm just teasing, love."

I relax a little. "So how is that whole 'joke shop' thing going for you and Georgie? I hear you're planning on making it a reality soon."

"Ah, the joke shop yes. Honestly, it's going great, George and I have loads of great ideas for the coming future. Be prepared to be impressed!" He beams as he speaks about the thing that has been his and his brother's dream for since before I met them and I mirror him. Seeing his handsome face light up with passion is refreshing and makes me want him to never shut up about it.

A moment of silence took over us before he broke it again. "You know I've been seeing Errol getting sent out with letters in his beak a lot but every time he came back it would just be...empty," he tilts his head to get a better look at me.

"Weird..." I try to play it off with a laugh.

Fred begins to sit up straight so that he is face to face with me. "Is the git ignoring you?"