Five Times Everyone Notices (And One Time Seraphina Finally Does)

I

"I could seranade, and gently play on your heartstrings."

For a short moment, the hallway goes silent as a head of raven hair made it's way through the crowd.

People stare after the boy, some donning knowing smiles on their faces while others could care less. Remi would nudge Blyke and motion towards John with her shoulder, giggling slightly, while Arlo pretends not to notice the air of soft glee emitting from him as he notices a familiar face among the crowd.

"Sera!" John would call, and the magenta-haired girl would give him a fond look before the pair of them disappeared towards the school's roof-access staircase.

Just like that, the bustle of the hall returned in full swing.

All of it's inhabitants decided to forget about the black guitar bag John had slung across his shoulders.

And if they heard soft guitar strumming ringing from the roof, well, no one else needed to know.

II

"Set my alarm, turn on my charm, that's because I'm a good old fashioned lover boy."

Elaine shut her thick math textbook with a satisfying thud as class had finally ended.

The school's final bell rung clear across the campus, signalling the end of the school day, and students could be heard letting out relieved sighs across the hallway Elaine passed.

The blue haired girl planned a study session with Remi in the school's library a few days before, so she retrieved her chemistry study guide from her locker and replaced it with the other books she had no use for in her bag.

Reaching the library, she kindly waves to the librarian, who flashes her a small but warm smile.

She spots Remi further into the library in the fiction section.

"Thank god you're here, I swear this place is like a maze." Remi laughs.

Elaine leads her towards the study portion of the library, which was near non-fiction, and moves towards the very back of the section, passing by full bookshelves.

Then she freezes at a sight she would never expect to see.

Remi bumps into her as she stopped moving, "Woah, sorry!" she whisper-yells, and Elaine whips around to face her with a finger on her lips.

Their heads crane inconspicuously around the bookshelf they hid behind and curiously watched Seraphina and John, who were occupying a large beanbag in the very back of the library.

Seraphina sat higher on the beanbag, a hand scrolling through her phone, and the other buried in dark hair. John seemed to be reading a book out loud, just enough for her to hear, occasionally leaning into her hand as she scratched his scalp soothingly.

Remi snapped a picture and Elaine smacks her arm, but keeps her eyes on the two, sharing an intimate moment.

John would look up at Seraphina, "Hey, Sera- You listening? This main character dude is being so dumb!", he exclaims. Sera pushes his bangs down onto his face, "Yeah, reminds me of someone I know." she teases, and John laughs.

"Hey, Remi?"

"Uh huh?"

"Lets study in the dorm instead."

III

"I'd like for You and I to go romancing, Say the word, your wish is my command..."