Chapter three

Alexia woke to Remus shaking her awake

Alexia woke to Remus shaking her awake. She groaned and tried to hide under her duvet, mumbling something about five more minutes. Remus tugged her duvet away leaving her cold and forcing her to crawl out of bed.

"Come on you're going to be late, the Weaselys are coming back from Egypt today, I'm sure you'll want to see them, and you need to get your school books, up you get, we don't have all day"

"I'm coming I'm coming" she said, pulling herself off the floor and walking sluggishly to the bathroom. She turned on the shower and waited for it to heat up. It was old and took a few minutes to reach a reasonable temperature. She turned to look in the mirror, her hair was sticking up all over the place and she had a smudge of mascara under her eye.

Her wrists and ankles had healed quickly after she had returned from the ministry, though there was a slight trace of the red lines they were otherwise invisible to all but the observant. She searched for a hairbrush and set about taming her mane of hair, brushing out knots and combing down the sticking up bits of hair. When the shower had heated up she got in and stood under the hot water, waking up and becoming less groggy. Then she washed her hair coming across more knots that she hadn't managed to brush out. She went back to her room, water dripping from her hair on the floor boards.

"Alexia! What have I said about dripping water everywhere! Merlin's beard you're turning the landing into a river!" Remus said, emerging from his room across the hall.

"I'm sorry, I'm still waking up. I'll clean it up, I promise, just let me get dressed first."

When she had got dressed she wiped up the mess and went downstairs.

"You have five minutes Cia, you can have breakfast at the leaky cauldron" Remus said, looking up from the daily profit. There was a picture of her father screaming on the front. He looked like a madman. Maybe he was, Alexia didn't know anymore. She snapped out of her daze and went to grab her shoes.

"Alright, let me put on shoes" she said, sitting to put them on. When she was ready she went upstairs to grab her trunk. She would be staying at the leaky cauldron for a few days until it was time to go back to school.

"Alright, I'll see you on the train" Remus said, standing to hug her "have you got everything, enough money for books?"

"Yes thank you Remus" she said smiling "i'll see you on the train in a few days"

"Don't get in to much trouble please" he said

"I'll try, can't make any promises though" she said winking, she grabbed a handful of floo powder and shouted her destination.

"DIAGON ALLEY '' she disappeared in the green flames, arriving moments later in diagon alley, one of her favourite places ever. She smiled happily and dragged her trunk to the Leaky Cauldron.

"Hi tom, is there a room free" she said, speaking to the bartender

"There is, room 146, here's the key, up the stairs, first door on the left" he said, handing her the key.