THAT MYSTICAL NIGHT

One, two, three, one.

“What are you doing Aera?” Your head shot up to him as a small smile formed in your face at his appearance.

“Trying how it would be to dance.” The smile on his face disappeared. He moved close to you, crouching down near and  gently caressed your cheeks.

“Aera... Do you really want to dance?”

Do I really want to?

I do.

So badly.

A bitter chuckle left your lips while you stared at your motionles legs.

How nice it was back then...

When I...

Could walk...

“I can hope, Joon.” You were still looking down, feeling like you would break down if you look at him. Your fingers fiddled with each other. “Hoping something can sometimes break your heart. You know that right?” His thumb caressed your cheek gently. You really hate to admit it. But, that is the bitter truth. No one can deny it. You just nodded in return.

“But sometimes Joon, hoping for something is the only reason you live.” You stared at the person standing at the door, a huge smile forming in your face.

“Hobiiiiii.” You screamed opening your hands wide. He didn't hesitate to come near and give you a bear hug. Always the mood lifter he was. He made you have hope. So why can't you have it till the end of everything? Till the day you die, why can't you have hope? He was the one who taught it and you were more than grateful to him for that.

“How were you moonlight?”

“Great sunshine.” You ruffled his hair as his iconic smile formed in his face.

“Aera?” You looked up to Namjoon, “You sure you want to go tomorrow? Are you okay just watching everything? You could stay home and I can accompany you wh-”

“Nah Nah Nah. We already talked about that Nams. I'm taking Ari tomorrow. And she is coming with me.” There she came, an angel in disguise.

“Oh come on Lia. I don't think it would be safe for her to-” Namjoon protested but Lia cut him off soon.

“You are sending her with me. Don't worry about a thing baby.” She pinched his cheeks making him swat her hands away in annoyance.

“Fine. But make sure that she is home. Sharp before ten.” With that said, he stormed out of the room making Lia puff out a breath.

“Tell me Aera. Why your brother is like this?” You shook your head in denial with a smile. “He is just protective of me I guess.”

Lia nodded her head looking at the way he went. “I actually want to ask Namjoon for the prom but look how he is acting towards me.” She pouted as her annoyance seemed clear. “How can he deny your request, cutieeee. Don't worry and ask him. I'm sure no one had asked him anyway.” You pinched her soft cheeks hard causing her to yell out in pain.

You were laughing? Yes. But... somehow there was pain hidden deep down.

Wouldn't that be nice if someone ask me out for the prom?

Going for the prom was the dream of the girls of your age. The way they chat about it endlessly made your ear bleed, at the same time tingled the curiosity inside you. You thought it would have been better if you didn't hear about those.