Hiding

A/N: sorry for the super late update, I've been so busy lately with my exams coming up but I'm gonna try to update at least once a week. Also I'm going to be starting a new story so go check it out when its up. Enjoy ;)

Elena's POV
I don't know how long I sat crying for but the only thing I do know is that stefan was on the other side of the door just sitting, just like in the cages before I completed my transition.
It was comforting, but I couldn't tell him. Not yet.

I mustered up every piece of courage I had and opened the door. Stefan quickly stood up and held his arms out which I immediately ran into and just soaked in all the comfort I could get from such a simple gesture.

"Do you want to tell me what that was about?" He asked
"I can't...not yet" I replied
He was so puzzled and worried and I couldn't tell what hurt more, hiding this secret or the feelings the secret came with.

I decided that I needed to just be alone for a while and so I went upstairs into one of the guest rooms and just slept, God knows for how long but that was all I could do. Just sleep.

----3 hours later---

I couldn't sleep for much longer when I began hearing a verbal commotion downstairs and quickly vamp speed to join.

I came to an abrupt stop when I saw who it was at the door.
The 4 people I loved the most in the entire universe (excluding stefan)
I didn't want to waste another minute and quickly ran to have an enormous group hug.

I released myself from the hug and turned around to face the rest of the people in the room

"Guys, this is Hanna Marin, Emily Fields, Aria Montgomery and my twin sister Spence Hastings. Girls this is Caroline Forbes, Bonnie Bennett, Jeremy and Stefan Salvatore" I said as I attempted to introduce everyone but it seemed as though they were too dumbfounded to comprehend anything. But it was Hanna who was the first to speak

"Stefan Salvatore as in the younger brother of the jackass that destroyed you?" She asked
"That'll be the one" quickly replied but I doubt she heard as she was already flying up the stairs as if she could tell I'd missed someone in my introductions. Not cause I didn't want to but because he wasn't in the room.

I didn't bother to stop the other girls running to join her. All I could think was that this was going to be fun.