The next step

Lets start from the beginning, how about when I was a kid. I barely knew my parents and I don't remember what they even look like. All I remember is how bad they treated me, they would constantly beat me until I couldn't even stand anymore, they never bought me anything and forced me to wear clothes that didn't fit me. They hardly ever fed me, and would never let me go outside.  Colean would come visit me sometimes and brought me food, but he had to be careful that my parents wouldn't notice. If they found out about him, they would either beat me, or him. Everything changed one day, I don't remember most of what happened, just stories. Kids kept going missing. I remember going into the backyard and finding bones, I didn't know what they were until I found the bodies. They were so tormented and disfigured. The blood was smeared all over the walls of the shed I found them in. I believed that my parents had did this, but one day they found me staring at the bones and bodies and they we're terrified. I knew it wasn't them because they wouldn't have been so surprised. They looked at me as if I had done it. But I had no memory of it. They yelled at me and called me monster, my dad took a gun and shot me in the leg. My mother took an axe and attempted to kill me but she failed. I don't remember what happened next but I remember feeling dizzy then moments later waking up to find them both dead. I cried out in horror. What had happened?! Who did this?! My arms and legs were covered in bruises and scars and cuts. Where did I get them from? There was more than there normally was. I so desperately wanted to know what happened. Was it possible it was me? I looked down at the leg my dad shot me at, the bullet and wound was gone. HOW?! WHAT IS HAPPENING?! There was shattered glass all around me, it looked like it was from a mirror, but how did it get here? I was so confused. Nothing was making sense. I picked up a piece of the shattered mirror and looked at myself. My eyes looked different, the shape and color were completely different. In the corner a saw Colean staring at me. Maybe he knew what had happened. " W-what happened" I blurted out. "Y-Y-You don't remember? T-T-This was y-y-your fault" he whispered. "I d-don't blame you, but I-I'm still surprised you would do this. H-How can you change into th-th-that form? You d-did-didn't look human anymore" he whispered louder. I just stared blankly at him trying to understand what he was saying. He walked over to me slowly and grabbed my arm. He whispered in my ear and said " Come on, we have to get out of here, I don't want to loose you too."  I followed him for days, maybe even weeks. He never gave up on me though, even when I would collapse and give up. When I cried he would hold me close and give me reassurance. I didn't know why he was helping me, he could have just turned me into the police. I thought he was crazy, but when he smiled at me I knew he meant everything he said. One day he found an orphanage and told me they would help us. So we lived there for a couple years.