Let's leave this shithole

In blue ~ Declan McKenna

Closure

Like time suspended,

a wound unmended-

you and I.

We had no ending,

no said goodbye.

For all my life,

I'll wonder why.

-Lang Leav

It was currently the middle of July and Richie was bored as he and his girlfriend (y/n) sat around her house to hide from the heat-death raging outside. He'd convinced her to not go to the Quarry with Bill and Stan. But all they were doing right now at her's was sitting up in her room and whining to each other how hot it was. (Y/n) danced around the room along to some song Richie didn't know. He admired her anyhow, she looked so free and so stunning. He felt lucky to have her.

Richie had been trying so hard recently to make up for all that lost time in spring when he and (y/n) had been having a rough patch. The two had nearly broken up at one point. And what's really stoked that fire under his ass now that they have things going good again is the fact that he nearly lost (y/n) to Stan, that shit. Richie was so upset every time he learned about how Stan had been there for his girlfriend.

And in a sense he was still not over it when it came to (y/n)'s relationship with Stanley. He had begun to be quite rude and hostile towards the boy who he saw as trying to steal (y/n) away from him.

But Richie's now taken that as his hint to win his lovely (y/n) and her affections back over. So that showed clearly whenever he had the chance to prove how good of a boyfriend he was. Richie now regularly went out on dates with her and agreed to just about anything she wanted. (Y/n) would tell him to stop being such a yes-man and just be himself.  But Richie could see no reason and still put in way more effort than was strictly necessarry. It was a little pathetic but he just loved (y/n) that much.

At this very moment Richie was sprawled out face-up on her bed, his arms were splayed by his sides like a big T. All that staring at the ceiling gave him some courage to voice an idea that he'd been thinking about for a month now.

"Hey, so here's an idea - how about we leave this shithole? You and me. We can go to the west coast and make a life there!" Richie proposed to (y/n) who was sitting by her desk and shifting some papers around.

She absentmindedly played with the pen on her desk as Richie turned on his stomach atop her bed. He'd been giving this thought a lot of attention lately and now seemed as good a time as any to tell her. It was a long shot but if he didn't say anything it wouldn't even be a shot.

"I don't know, Richie, I mean all our lives are here. Just up and leaving seems a tad brash." (y/n) turned fully around in her chair and shot him a look that wasn't very convinced.

"Okay," he sat up quickly and folded his legs criss-cross, "but what do we actually have left here? All our friends are gone and we're still sitting here like a pair of idiots."

(Y/n) tilted her head, "we still have Stan...and-and Bill! They've not gone!"

Richie scoffed and muttered sarcastically under his breath, "Yeah...right, Stan...