Chapter 14. A Home, For Real.

"Morning shanks." I said as i sat upright in the med shack. There was a burst of pain throught out my body and i groaned but made an attempt to stand up. I looked up and saw Gally and Minho, they were sat in the room but where now at my side, trying to steady me and get me to sit back on the bed.

"How do you feel?" asked Minho and i did my best to shrug but it wasn't the best idea.

"Like i was almost skewered by a griever." i answered honestly and Gally chuckled.

"Too right you were, gave us a scare there you shank." He muttered and i smiled, Minho gave a laugh.

"Where's Newt? Is he alright?" I asked and they boys exchanged a look.

"You've been unconscious for 5 days Rue, when Jeff first looked at your wound he didn't know if you were going to make it. You lost a hell of a lot of blood." explained Minho.

"Newt was so worried about you, he didn't leave for days, not to eat or sleep. He didn't speak or move, just sat by your bed. Some of the lads think he lost it."

My heart sunk, Newt really did that? He was second in command but he dropped everything to make sure I was alright.

"Where is he now? I have to find him!" I exclaimed and made an attempt to slip past Gally and Minho.

"Easy there Rue. The only reason he isn't here right now is because Alby dragged him out this morning. Said he needed to get some sleep, the shank needed it." said Gally and i nodded my head.

Then i dodged out the way of there arms, even though i was injured i was still fast and made my wy to the door before they could even blink. I burst from the med shak and my eyes adjusted to the light. It was maybe mid day.

I ran, my shoulder screaming at me to slow down but i had to find Newt. I made my way to his hammock which held his sleeping form.

I brushed a hair out of his closed eyes, just like i had when we first met when i brought him back to the glade. And just like they had then, his eyes sprung open. His face lit up and i grinned at his face. He bolted up right.

"Rue, your okay! Bloody hell love, your okay!" He muttered and pulled me into a clamp of a hug and i groaned into his neck at the pain from my shoulder. He quickly released his grip.

"I'm so sorry Rue, are you alright Rue?" he asked gently and i made eye contact with his dark chocolate ones.

"I'm a lot better now." I replied and his face pressed against mine, our lips connecting, creating a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. I pulled away for a breath and our foreheads rested together.

"I'm sorry about everything." I whispered.

Alby appeared at our side, he smiled at the sight of me.

"Glad to see your not dead Greenie." He said and i smirked.

"Can she be a greenie if she's been in the glade longer than you?" asked Minho, coming up behind Alby, Alby chuckled.

"More like a Keeper." said Newt and Minho looked confused.

"Keeper of what?" asked Alby and Newt smirked. Now i was confused.

"Keeper of the Maze." he answered and the boys smiled, i did too. "Keeper of my heart." he added and i saw Both Minho and Alby roll their eyes, i giggled and hugged Newt again, taiking in his warm scent of pine and fresh air.

"What are you shanks doing?" said Gally coming from behind a tree.

"Lets get this bonfire going!" he yelled and we all laughed.