He was not the original 'Jisung.'

Jisung was dumbfounded.

'A short stay? Your evil intentions are as clear as day!'

Jisung was so scared that his face almost paled. Looking away, he said uncomfortably, "But mom is still waiting for me to go home with her. She'll worry if she doesn't see me for a single day, sorry."

Hyunjin paused, but unexpectedly did not press him further. He smiled with a hint of regret, saying, "Really? Then I won't force you."

Jisung hadn't expected Hyunjin to listen to him so easily. The worry he'd been carrying in his heart eased a little, and he couldn't wait to go home. His face flushed red as he said, "I-I'll go back first then. My mom must be feeling anxious."

He said this and turned to go.

He hurried back to Nayeon's palace, only to find Nayeon there alone. Not a trace of his mother could be seen anywhere. He couldn't help but pause for a moment, asking, "Auntie Nayeon, where's my mom?"

Nayeon looked at Jisung and said lovingly," Oh, your mom? She went home first, so you can live at the palace without any worries for a few days."

Jisung almost blacked out.

Just now, he'd told Hyunjin that his mom wouldn't agree. As a result, he was immediately given a vicious slap in the face. He hadn't even gone around for 20 minutes before he was abandoned by his mother upon his return.

This was too much.

Seeing how shocked Jisung appeared, Nayeon's heart was full of affection. At this moment, she saw Hyunjin stroll in from behind. Her face was firm as she said, "I promised Jihyo just now, so you must take good care of Sung. If he suffers so much as one grievance, I won't let you off. Do you understand?"

Hyunjin said slowly and solemnly, "Rest assured. I will most certainly take good care of him."

Nayeon stared fixedly at him. Although Hyunjin's sudden enlightenment made her very happy, he was a repeat offender, after all. She still couldn't feel completely at ease, because Jisung had been hurt. She carefully added a warning, "I'll go check on you regularly."

Hyunjin looked resigned and said, "Not a problem."

Only after that could Nayeon feel at ease. She said to Jisung with a smile, "You can live freely here as if it's your own home. If anyone dares to give you trouble, come tell your auntie and I'll definitely help you."

Hyunjin glanced at the boy who had been shocked pitifully. He looked like a kitten who had been abandoned by his mother and suddenly taken away from home into a strange new environment. The boy appeared so lost and pitiful and adorable that he couldn't keep the corners of his mouth from lifting. He wanted nothing more than to just hold him in his arms right that instant.

He didn't want to hear his mother continue to fuss about, so he took Jisung's hand and led him out again.

Jisung's hand was gripped tightly by Hyunjin's powerful palm. The man's palm was so hot and so powerful that he had no way of resisting. He almost choked up, 'How did I get myself into staying at the palace? Help!'

Looking around, he saw that he'd returned to that room he'd fled from earlier. He raised his eyes to meet Hyunjin's deep ones. Swallowing a mouthful of saliva, he tried to give his final resistance, and said in a low voice, "Hyung, you should go attend to your work first. Don't worry about me."

As a result, Hyunjin suddenly stepped forward.

Jisung jumped in fright and retreated a step. Behind him was the window ledge. The gauze window curtain to the side blew gently in the wind. He saw that Hyunjin's line of sight was slowly darkening as if some emotion was brewing deep inside. His legs began to tremble.