Remember Hopkins...

Arizona's POV:

   Nicole won't show me her scans saying that she's been to many surgeons and none of them can operate on her brain tumor. I decide I need to see her scans for myself so I did something I shouldn't have. I'm having her scans sent to the hospital as a transfer to Dr. Derek Sheperd, but when I go to speak Amelia's name comes out. It's just so natural. "I don't have much time to think about this I have to get Herman's scans before they call Amelia down to tell her there's scans ready for her.", I tell myself. 

As I go to get the scans I notice Amelia right behind me, so I quickly tell the radiologist ,"I'm here to pickup scans from Nicole Herman for Dr. Sheperd." I feel someone's hot breath on my neck and I automatically know it's Amelia, but I don't want to turn around. I want to stay in this moment for a little longer while I think of old memories. 

   "Looking for this?", Amelia looks me in the eyes and it flusters me for a second. 

"Y- yea thanks.", I smile.

I go to walk away hoping she didn't look at them when she says, "Is this our Nicole Herman? Dr. Herman? What's going on?", she says sternly and I know right then I'm caught.

Amelia's POV:

Something wasn't right about this. Arizona seemed off like she was nervous and flustered, but in such an adorable way. I'm kinda upset she would try to keep this from me. Once I ask her, "Is this our Nicole Herman? Dr. Herman? What's going on?" Arizona turns around and bites her lip. I can't help but notice they way her scrubs hug her in the right places. 

-

We both sit down to look at Herman's scans. As I look at the scans I can't help but say, " It's spectacular. Big bad mother of an astrocytoma. It's like a perfect butterfly." I point to the screen, "Look it starts in the sub-frontal and extends practically into the hypothalamus. That is a thing of beauty." 

I try to keep eye contact with Arizona, but I can't help but let my eyes wander to her breasts. I think she notices but I can't help it.

Arizona's POV:

I notice Amelia looking me up and down and I don't get embarrassed because it's nothing she hasn't seen before. "Amy..?", I start to say. "Yes?..", she quickly looks up. "Do you remember much about 5th year residency?"  "Yes, a little to well", she smiles. I move in closer and place my hand on her thigh. "Like when we skipped out on that presentation and we spent the whole 90 minutes in the on-call room.", I lightly say as my eyes linger to her lips. "Yes,  I miss those days with you Zona and I never not think about them."

Amelia's POV:

"...and I never not think about them.", I say as I lean in and our lips meet for the first time in years. She pulls back a little giving us both a minute to remember how to breathe. "Amy...", Arizona attempts to spit out as I want at least another kiss before someone says something. "Zona not yet..", I say switching from her eyes back to her soft lips. I smile and lean back in.

Arizona's POV:

I let our lips meet once again not wanting to ever leave this moment. As we pull our lips apart again reluctantly I can't help but say, "I missed you. I missed you a lot Amy." My hand moves to her hips and I feel her push hair out of my face and behind my ear. "I missed you too Zona more than you know it." Most people from Hopkins knew Amelia and I had slept together a few times in on-call rooms because sometimes we could be louder than anticipated, but what no one knew is we were more than just "work lovers". We were girlfriends until we got split apart for our fellowships. We kept it on the down low because she didn't want her family to find out. Now there's just silence as we both look into each other's eyes and I swear I see sparkles in hers. I see her bite her lip slightly. It would be barely noticeable for any other person, but for someone in love with her it's different. Holy crap did I really just say love. Oh my god, maybe I really do...