Chapter 4

Picture of Brian ------------------------->

Chapter 4-

The pounding sound of my heart echoed throughout my body causing me to shiver uncontrollably. I couldn't help but pace up and down my bedroom in a very nervous manner. I am terrified of meeting with Brian. I did want to meet up with him and resolve this stupid fight but I didn't think he would be the one to contact me first. Okay dude, calm down. Brian is your best friend, he's not going to start hating you because you're gay. You guys are just going to have a nice conversation and resolve everything. Brian's not an asshole who would hate on you for being gay. He isn't that type of guy. After I had somehow managed to calm myself down, I picked up and stretched into my grey zippy. As I descended down the stairs and headed towards the door, I continuously chanted to myself " Everything is alright. Just a casual conversation." Cracking open my front door, a slight breeze came rushing, cooling down my nerves. I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with air and lunged out from the doorway. Our usual chill out place was not too far. It was just a park that was between my house and our school. When my destination was insight, the intense beating of my heart was revived. I slowly strolled towards our usual spot, second bench from the left and sat down meekly. The sound of my heart hammering against my rib cage blocked out all other sounds. Anxiety spread throughout my entire body. "Everything is alright. Just a casual conversation. Everything is alright. Just a casual conversation. We are just going to have a casual conversation. Just a casual conversa-"

"Michael."

The sound of my name snapped me out of my chant. Looking upwards, I was greeted by a pair of gorgeous green eyes staring down at me. The sudden presence of Brian had struck me with a uncontrollable nervousness. My whole body was tense. Everything that I had wanted to say was now swirling around in my head. I need to say something quick, but what do I say ?! Do I apologize ? But what are you apologizing for? I don't know but I just don't want him to be mad anymore. Arrrgh ! This is so confusing. For now I'll just say I'm sorry.

Just as I opened my mouth to apologize I made eye contact once again with Brian. The look in his eyes had left me speechless. I felt as if I just needed to shut up and listen to what he had to say. Shutting my mouth close, I stared back into those green eyes of his, sending him a confirmatory look. After receiving this look he slowly approached the bench and sat next to me, making sure to put a small distance between us. After a very long silence he finally began to speak.

"I'm really sorry for what I did today. I just coudln't control myself."

That one line had set my heart at ease. It reminded me that Brian was still that awesome guy that was my best friend. My raging heart was now relaxed, beating at a moderate tempo. I'm glad Brian doesn't hate me but what if he is homophobic? Is that the reason he punched me? I really hoped it wasn't cause I'm gay and I would really hope that Brian could accept me for who I am. I needed to know the reason he punched me. I summoned all my courage and asked

"Brian, why did you punch me when I told you I was gay?"

A painful expression flashed across Brian's face, revealing that there was so much more to his actions. I could sense tension filling the air. Letting out a big sigh, he placed his hands over his face. As he slowly let his hands drop from his face, he turned to face me and gazed at me with a solemn look in his eyes. My eyes began to fill with tears. I've never seen Brian omit such sadness.

"Michael, I really am sorry for what I did to you today but I can't tell you the reason behind it, at least not right now. Is there any way you could forgive me for what I did even without a reason for my actions?"

The reason why he got so angry at me must have been something much bigger than the fact that I was gay. If he couldn't tell me, his life-time best friend than it must be something pretty important. It kinda made me sad that he couldn't trust me enough to tell me. I've always told him everything. When I thought I was gay I immediately told him. Well whatever, for now I'll accept it. The tears that once filled my eyes slowly creeped down my cheeks.