Part 27

Dear diary,
I continued to walk down the empty streets of this ghost town. The light fading from the street lights as the darkness grew. Where had Klaus gone? I asked myself. He was probably out searching for me. As I walked I could feel the gravel rocks scratching at my bare feet, then they would held... and then the process would repeat itself. But the blood I spilled still stained my feet, turning them red. I felt tired and hungry. It had been days since I had slept or even ate. But I continued to walk determined to find Klaus. Even as my legs grew weak and my head pounded, I walked. I slowly turned a corner onto a new street. And in the flicker of the orange street light I saw a man frozen still. I stopped in my tracks, rubbing my eyes. Was I hallucinating? I blinked and the man never disappeared. Klaus? I began to run. Picking up the trail of my blood soaked white dress. My dirty blonde hair now dry but tangled. I ran over to the frozen man. "Klaus?" I asked his figure. Klaus made a quick movement causing me to jump. Causing me to become scared. He laughed in the darkness his white vampire teeth gleaming in the shadows. I dropped the train of my dress, in frustration. I gave him a little shove with my right hand. Pushing him to the ground. "Don't scare me like that" I angrily said. Klaus continued to laugh as he sat up from the road. I offered him my hand. He took it. With a strong grip he pulled me down onto the road with him. I let out a giggle as I fell to the ground. I laid my tired body down on the street, dirty in my hair looking up at the stars. Finally letting myself relax. "They're beautiful aren't they" Klaus said referring to the stars as he laid down beside me. "Yes they are" I smiled not taking my eyes off of them. I watched as they twinkled in the moonlight. Klaus quickly jolted up from his laying position. "Blood" he sniffed. He turned to me, grabbing a handful of my dress bringing it up to his face. Smell the bloody stain. I sat up and gently placed my hand on his. My soft fingers ran across his calluses hands. He looked up at me, worry on his face. "It's not mine" I said reassuring him. "It's not mine".