three.

ROMELO

after notifying dre of the circumstance that we were faced with, chantel and i drove around as we brainstormed numerous ways to make the money that i owe to dre and to make enough to leave this city and this fucked up predicament for good. as i ran my hand along my chin, my pager started to go off. i drove about ten minutes to find the nearest pay phone. my heart was pounding, chantel kept asking me who was calling, but i ignored her. i was hoping that dre got my son and that all of this shit was over.

'yo.' i greeted dre who was on the other end of the pay phone.

'anthony got lil man.' he begins. 'he's safe as far as i know, but he's not fucking around. he has niggas and they are loaded. he had a meeting about fifteen minutes ago, telling anybody that if they see you then they need to rush up on you. he also said that he either getting paid with money or in blood. he said you owe him 100 grand, man.'

i gripped the phone, lowering my head as i sighed. 'fuck.'

'i got a couple of my homies on the corners, they hustling up on some money. i got a stash of about 3 grand under my bed.' dre began. 'it's all yours.'

'i appreciate it, man. you know we all each other got out here. i just hope i can come through with the rest.' i told him.

'don't worry about it.' he started off. 'y'all my family, he like a son to me just as much as he's yours.'

i looked around the environment outside of the phone booth. crackheads and hookers stood on the corner as cars drove up and down the streets. i shook my head before wiping the trickling sweat off.
'me and chantel about to hit up this spot real quick. i'll hit you back with some updates'

after hanging up the pay phone and getting back into the car, chantel looked over at me. 'i have an idea.' she blurted out. my eyes landed onto her, moving my head to motion her to speak.

'i know this spot, she sells like knock off clothes. she has a lot of fake chanel and designer brands. me and her are very close and i know she'll let me in there with no hesitation.' she explained. 'she might be hesitant with you because she doesn't know you, so i'll have to lie and say you're my new man for the week or whatever.'

i nodded as i listened to her closely. 'i know for a fact that she's messing with one of anthony's rivals. so if we come up in there, i can fake like we're going to buy a few things and then you dip off and steal their money stash. they keep it under the floor boards in the down stairs family room. so you'll have to ask to use the bathroom or something and while i keep her distracted. if you run into anybody else inside the house, knock them down and tie up them.'

my hands began to sweat as i thought over her plan in my head. it didn't take me long to come to a decision. 'let's do the damn thang.'

being that i still had my gun on me, i was strapped and loaded. chantel on the other hand wasn't and she would have to act and think quick if anything went down. we approached the door of the small house and chantel knocked on the black gatehouse door before speaking. 'it's hot c'

the fuck is hot c ? i thought to myself as the door opened. a very tall and slender woman opened the door. she wore a bright red glossy lip and her blonde hair fell a little past her shoulders. 'wassup girl?' she spoke, smiling at chantel before directing her attention onto me. 'the fuck is this?' she asked, leaning against the door frame.

she looked at me up and down with a look of hostility on her face. 'this is my new man of the month.' chantel began. 'his name is chris. he just got his work check and wanted to spend some of it on me.' she explained yet the woman still remained hesitant.

'nina, come on.' chantel said. 'i need some new shit, more specifically a bag and some shoes.' nina thought over it before moving to the side. 'what's your occupation, playboy?' she asked me as chantel and i walked into her home.

'security guard.' i answered, looking around. she really had everything knock off designer item you could imagine. 'while you get my babygirl straight, may i use your restroom ?' i asked nina. her head snapped in my direction before answering. 'the guest is down the hall and to the left'

as her and chantel started to look over different items i made my way down the hall. i passed the bathroom and began my search for the family room. it didn't take long for me to find it the main thing now was to find the loose fitting floor board.

i got onto my hands and knees and crawled around while pressing the palms of my hands onto the boards. after a couple of minutes i found it in the corner of the room by a lamp. i slowly opened it, making sure to not make too much noise and my eyes landed on a bag duffel bag of money. i took it out and placed the floor board back. once i was on both of my feet someone entered the room. before they could make a noise, i darted over to them and placed a hand over their mouth.

yanking out my gun with my free hand, i put it to their temple. 'take me to the basement.' i spoke lowly. after being led to the basement, i tied the person up and shoved a sock in their mouth. i went back to where chantel and nina were and pointed the gun at nina.

a look of disappointment fell onto her face as she smacked her lips. 'now why you got to come up in here and do this?' she asked, with annoyance in her voice. 'because i fucking can, now get'cho ass in the basement.' i demanded. she did as she was told and stayed there, tied and gagged with her little friend.

after the jacking, chantel and i went back to me and dre's place. she sat in the middle of my bed and counted the money.

'so the three grand from dre and this money we took comes out to 55 grand.' she sighed.

'we can't get little man back until we have 100 grand. we actually need 150 grand to leave this fucked up neighborhood and start anew life.' i spoke, rubbing my head. the clock was ticking and we didn't have much time left.

'we'll get it...one way or another.'