Chapter 7

Rin's POV

I felt a heavy feeling in my chest 'No no, not now!' 

"I need to go to the bathroom," I muttered under my breath. I didn't care if Kuroo heard me or not, I just needed to get out of there quickly. I rush to the bathroom bumping into people on the way. Tears fall as I quickly wipe them away. I finally reach the bathroom and my legs give in. I collapse on the ground. Tears stream down my face. I sobbed uncontrollably as I try to calm my racing heartbeat. 

Kuroo's POV

I was still frozen after Rin ran away. I remember hearing something about the bathroom before she ran off. She looked anxious so, I knew something was wrong. I picked up my phone and quickly called Kenma. 'C'mon pick up!'

"Ugh, Kuroo. What do you want? I'm busy playing Mario Cart." Kenma complains in annoyance.

"Kenma, I think there's something wrong with Rin," I say frantically. "What are you talking about?" Kenma questions showing some concern in his voice. " She just ran to the bathroom. She looked anxious and was having trouble breathing." 

I heard Kenma drop his controller. Then the line went dead. Now I know that something was clearly wrong. Kenma never drops his controller ever! I run in the direction Rin headed towards in hopes of finding her. 

Kenma's POV

I drop my controller in shock I hang up on Kuroo and try to contact Rin. 'Why did this happen?' I needed to be there for her. I can't leave her like this.

Flashback

"Hey, Rin! I was just calling to see if you still wanted to play video games tonight?" I hear Rin hiccup and sob. "Rin are you okay?" She assures me that she is fine but I know she's not. "What happened?" Rin was silent for a while but then replied, "I don't want to talk about it." I scrunch my nose. I wanted to know what was going on to help her. But I also needed to understand that she's not ready to talk about it yet. "Okay, you can tell me when you're ready. Now take deep breaths." I hear her breathing in and out. "Can you tell me where you are?"

"I'm in t-the bathroom." She whimpered. "Is there anyone around you that you can trust? There was a slight pause but Rin spoke up again, "N-no." I frown. "You know what? I'll stay on the call until you feel better!"

Flashback ended

Rin's POV

I hated this. I hate crying. I hate feeling weak and vulnerable. As I was beating myself about the whole situation, I hear my phone ring. I look at the caller I.D and it was Kenma. I wipe my tears away as I answer the call.

"H-hey Kenma!" I say my voice trembling. I really didn't want him worrying about me. He had his own problems. 

"Rin, are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." 

"I know you're faking it."

"I- How did you know?" I ask quietly.

"C'mon Rin, we're twins. I always if you're not okay. Now tell me what's wrong."

My lip quivered as I try to find my voice. "I... had another panic attack."

"Those memories came back didn't they?"

"Mhm"

"Rin."

"Yeah."

"You should maybe go check up on Kuroo. You know he's really worried about you."

"Do you think he's mad at me?"

"Why would he be mad at you?"

"B-because I just ran off. I didn't give him any explanation whatsoever."

"I'm sure Kuroo will understand."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Okay then, I'll see you at home?"

"Yep! And we can also play some video games once you get back too!"

"Okay! I'll be home soon!"

"Alright, bye!"

"Bye!"

I smile to myself as I wipe the rest of my tears away. I get off the floor and dust myself off. I wash my face with cold water. I walk out feeling so much better. I look around and spotted Kuroo. He notices me as well and sprints towards me. 

"Rin! There you are! Kuroo exclaims in relief.

"I'm sorry for running away earlier. I know I owe you a proper explanation. But I don't think I'm-"

Before I could finish my sentence I was engulfed in a hug.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait. I know this is short but I wanted to give y'all something. But otherwise, I hope you enjoy the story. And stay safe!

See ya~