𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

Requested by madiwarden0444
Hope you enjoy!!

I woke up to the sheets being pulled off me making my whole body instant shiver from the cold air. I groaned as I started to remember the heated argument JJ and I had last night right before bed. I was fussing about how he always got into fights with Kooks and getting himself hurt because he had just got into a fistfight with Rafe the rich kid from Figure 8. Well then JJ started yelling at me telling me I had no room to talk cause my parents had money meaning they're we're Kooks. Let just say we yelled at each other almost all night. Eventually, we went to bed and JJ slept on the couch. Well, at least I thought.

I rolled over my shoulder hitting a lifeless body. It was JJ with his shirtless back facing me. I pulled the cover back over my cold body instantly feeling the body heat coming off of my boyfriend. I wanted to cuddle into him so bad but I couldn't. I was supposed mad at him.

A few minutes later after trying to go back to sleep for another hour I opened my eyes to the sound of shuffling beside me. Before I knew it a heavy arm draped over me. I looked over my shoulder to see JJ burying his face into my back. He was still asleep with his mouth hung open and his knotted hair flopping into his eyes. He took a deep breath before exhaling. He was adorable even when he was sleeping.

I laid my head on my pillow and started messing with the rings on his hand that were holding onto me. He had a ring on almost every finger. I twisted them around and continue to fiddle with them until I heard a sleepy groan from beside me.

I turned over on my back so that I could see him. His eyes slowly fluttered open looking at me. We stared at each other for what seemed an eternity.

"morning" he uttered turning over on his side so his back was facing me.

I sighed. Usually, I would receive a "good morning beautiful" or a "rise and shine princess" or at least cuddles. But not today since our argument last night.

"I-I was thinking we could uh go on the boat today if you want" I blurted out just trying to get things back to normal.

There was a pause before JJ respond. "I'll pass"

"How about we go surfing yeah?" I suggested rubbing circles on his bare back tracing over some scars and tiny freckles.

"Not today" He murmured.

I sat up quickly anger shooting through my body. I just wanted to forget about the whole thing and act like it didn't happen but I was pissed that he was just gonna ignore me.

"Look I know you're still mad at me from last night. But can we please just forget it and do something fun?" I raised my voice making him sit up as well.

"I'm not mad at you" JJ shook his head furrowing his eyebrows.

"Then what are you? Cause you're certainly not happy with me. You've basically ignored me this whole morning" I roll my eyes.

"How have I ignored you?" JJ scoffed.

"You've barely said a word to me. You've not been cuddling with me. You rejected all my ideas. And you turned your back to me!" I pointed out looking into his blue eyes.

"What do you want me to do? Be all lovey-dovey with you? Like nothing happened" He shouted making me scoot back a tad.

"Yes JJ!" I yelled.

"Well, you're stupid to think that. Why the fuck would I cuddle with you after you call me a jackass and a bastard?"  JJ rolled his eyes as he laid his head back onto the pillow.

"Why did you sleep in here hmm? I thought you were gonna sleep on the couch" I asked

"Cause I—" He turned and looked at me before sighing as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I needed to make sure you were safe"

"More like you just wanted to sleep comfortably" I muttered under my breathe.

"Alright. I'm done with this shit. I'm sorry for how I've been acting lately okay? I'm sorry for getting into it with Rafe. I'm sorry for calling you a preppy Kook. And I'm sorry for yelling. I know it scares you" JJ apologized rubbing his face with his huge hands. 

"No I'm the one who's being a bitch and I'm sorry,"  I told him fidgeting with my bracelets.

"Hey don't call yourself that" JJ sat up on his elbows pushing a hair piece of hair behind my ear and fixing my hair that was in all different directions.

"I'm sorry for getting upset with you" I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face in the crook of his neck as he wrapped his muscular arms around me.

"You had a right to get upset baby" JJ cooed kissing my forehead.

"I love you so freaking much" I smiled looking up at him as he grinned.

"I love you to the moon and back," He said which started an epic battle of trying to outdo that other with how much we loved each other.

A/n (Authors Note):

I hope this was okay 😬

Slightly edited cause when is it not? 😂

Word count: 899