𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤

I sat on the couch waiting for JJ to get home. He had a shift at the hotel he worked at. He worked on the yard work and I knew he was gonna have a really long day.

Finally, after waiting for what seemed forever JJ walked through the door. I got up and spread my arms to hug him only for him to walk past me and straight for the fridge. Not even a hello?

JJ grabbed a beer out of the fridge and cracked it open. He gulps it down then sat on the couch. That's when I notice he was extremely pale.

"Hey, you alright?" I question, sitting on the couch across from him. He nods in response. It wasn't normal for JJ to be quiet. Usually, he would tell me about his day and how he had to deal with his jackass of a boss.

"You sure? You seem...off" I tell him. "I'm just tired" he responds as he spreads out on the couch. I walk over to him and take off his hat and place my hand on his forehead. He was on fire.

"JJ, you're burning up" I inform him. "I'm fine" he shakes his head. Of course, he wouldn't admit he was sick. He didn't like showing any sign of weakness, knowing that I would probably have to take care of him. "You're sick" I state.

"I'm f-" he jumps up off the couch and quickly runs to the bathroom. I hurry into the bathroom to find him puking in the toilet. I kneel down and pull his hair off his forehead.

"Get it all out, baby" I rub his back as he continued to puke his brains out. Finally, he finishes and I run my fingers through the knots in his hair as he leans back into my chest.

"Better?" I ask as I flush the toilet. "I feel like shit" he finally admits.  I grab the thermometer out of the cabinet and place it to his temple. It beeped and I looked at the screen to see 101.4.

"Yeah you're running a fever," I say as I show him the small screen.
"Fuck" he growls.

"Wanna take a nice hot shower? Might make ya feel better?" I suggest. "Yeah" he mutters.

I help him to his feet then hand him his toothbrush so that he could get the taste of vomit out of his mouth. Once he was done he stripped down then got in the shower. I sat on the sink counter and talked to him to make sure he was alright.

"Umm Y/N" JJ exclaims. "Yeah?" I respond.

"I uh feel kinda dizzy" he informed me.

I quickly grabbed a towel out of the cabinet and covered my eyes as I pulled the curtain handing him the towel as he got out. It was nothing I hadn't seen before but I wanted to give him some privacy. Once the towel was around his waist he held onto me keeping himself from falling.

I grab a washcloth out of the cabinet and soak it in cold water. I looked back at JJ and pulled the wet hair that stuck to his forehead out of the way and place the cloth on his forehead. Maybe he just got too hot?

"I have a splitting headache" he utters.

"Wanna get some sleep?" I ask kissing his cheek and he hummed in response.

I help him to my bedroom and grab him a pair of boxers and shorts that he had brought to my apartment they forgot a couple of days before. He put them on and then got into my bed.

I climbed in beside him and he crawled on top of me resting his head on my stomach and wrapping his arms around my waist as he put one of his legs over the top of mine.

"I love you" JJ cooed looking up at me with his electric blue eyes that I was jealous of.

"I love you more" I played with him still damp, golden locks as I flipped through the shows on Netflix until I settled with Criminals Minds.

"Not this show again" JJ groaned.

"You're supposed to be sleeping anyway so you don't have to watch it," I tell him rolling my eyes.

Halfway through the first episode he fell asleep and started snoring loudly.

I smiled as I kissed the top of his head.
A couple of episodes in I fell asleep too.

Slightly edited.

Word count: 753