1- The Day I Met Hashim

The day I first met Hashim, I remember that day but not the date. Me and my best friend Sara were both bored and sitting in the lobby of this online game we used to play, we had our mics on, we were inviting people, trolling them and then kicking them out.

I knew Sara since 3 years, we both went to the same university and were best friends, we had one more friend Alizey.

Sara and I had been playing this game since 9 months, Call of Duty, I had met one American guy in this game, we added each other on snap and spoke for 3 months, he was a sweetheart, but he lived in US and I in the Middle East there was a 12 hour time difference and we knew nothing could happen he wasn't coming here and I wasn't going there anytime soon, we stayed friends. Even though I liked him I never expressed my feelings for him, no point in doing that.

Now a quick background info about me. At the time I was 20 years old and in 3rd year of uni, I had many male friends but never had a boyfriend because:

1) I didn't believe in a relationship before marriage.
2) I didn't trust guys, if they love you they should prove that by marrying you and not waste your time.
3) I have extremely high standards and do not get impressed easily.
4) Even when I have a crush over someone I get over it quickly
5) Whenever any guy flirts with me I know how to break the convo, I don't let the convo ever get romantic, I'll either be sarcastic or completely change the topic & vibe. Friends stay friends.
6) My inner feminist lowkey believed all guys are players and NOT TO BE TRUSTED, all they do is break hearts and then go marry the girl their family wants.
7) I love myself and truly believe men don't deserve me. Unless they impress me ofcourse.

I am the kind of person to learn from other's experiences and not make those mistakes. I'd seen my guy friends & male cousins, how they dated a new girl every few months. I didn't want to get played like those girls.

So it was around 4 am when we opened the world chat of the game were inviting people to troll and pass time, and Hashim sent a request to join our lobby. Sara and I accepted. He joined us and said Hi in his thick London accent. I opened his profile picture, he had sunglasses on and a snapchat filter, he looked cute, not drop dead gorgeous, but like he had something about him, the brown guy attitude & charm I guess.

From all the weirdos we had been trolling that day, he seemed like a decent person, so we introduced ourselves and asked him about where was he from. We all were from the same country, but he was born & raised in London.

Now I remember asking him if he knew the boxer Amir Khan, he said yeah, then I mentioned how his wife Faryal was so hot, he said something like she's all plastic and fake. We spoke for 5-10 mins maybe, Sara, I and Hashim. He had to leave but he told us he'll send us a friend request and to accept it, he was a little persistent about that, we said yeah yeah we'll see.

I didn't think much of the first meeting at the time tbh, he was an okay guy, clearly I'm a hard person to impress. Sara and I decided he wasn't a creepy & looked decent so we accepted his friend request.

The next day I was online again at night and Hashim sent an invite to join him for a game, it was late at night, probably after 1 am. I played 2-3 games with him and when I was about to leave, he asked for my snapchat. I didn't want to give it tbh, I went quiet and was lowkey avoiding. He asked again and said how he would text me whenever he was playing and we could play a few matches together. I said okay, and took his snapchat instead and told him i'll send add him.

I didn't have my real name on the game, and also I wasn't sure if I wanted to add him, that's why I didn't give my snap.

A few hours later I added him, he accepted and texted me. If I regret this or not I'm still not sure, because what happened between us in the coming months is something i'll never forget.

This one man, whom I wasn't even interested in, changed my life forever and gave me experiences that still torment me till this day.

——-x———

Please excuse any grammatical errors, it's 8 am and I was up all night, I just really wanted to get this story started.

Also if you love DRAMA then brace yourselves sisters, because your girl is about to fall deep into it. *sighs and shakes head disappointingly*