𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Hey guys, welcome back! Please read this before you continue with the chapter, you may need it!

As we know, Robin Hood is set before The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings. Today, I'm gonna refer to events that take place during Tolkien's book The Silmarillion, which tells of the creation of Eä (the universe) and the beginning of Elves, Dwarves, and Men. More specifically, there will be a reference to The Silmarils, which play a central role in the book I just mentioned. I'll also refer to the tale of Beren and Lúthien. 

(!): The Silmarils ( pl. Silmarilli, radiance of pure light) are three fictional brilliant jewels composed of the unmarred light of the Two Trees in J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium. The Silmarils were made out of the crystalline substance silima by Fëanor, a Noldorin Elf, in Valinor during the Years of the Trees. It was said that the fate of Arda was woven about the Silmarils. The "War of the Jewels", the climax of which ended the First Age, refers to these three jewels. (Just know that there were jewels everyone went to war for during The First Age)

(*): The tale of Beret and Lúthien takes place during the First Age of Middle Earth, about 6,500 years before the events of The Lord of the Rings. Essential to the story is the fate that shadowed the love of Beren and Lúthien: for Beren was a mortal man, but Lúthien was an immortal elf. Her father, a great elvish lord, in deep opposition to Beren, imposed on him an impossible task that he must perform before he might wed Lúthien. This is the kernel of the legend; and it leads to the supremely heroic attempt of Beren and Lúthien together to rob the greatest of all evil beings, Melkor, called Morgoth, the Black Enemy, of a Silmaril. At the end of the quest, King Thingol (Lúthiens father) ended up in possession of one of the Silmarils.

(!!): Doriath was an Elven realm, the land of the Sindar that existed during the latter half of the Years of the Trees and most of the First Age of the Sun. For thousands of years, it was separate from the outside world under the rule of King Thingol and the protection of his wife Melian the Maia, until it was drawn into the war against Morgoth because he had one of the Silmarils.

Now you can start reading. I hope this helps :)

➵ ➵ ➵

"I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT," Thranduil stated, taking a sip of his wine.

"She just stood there, and shot over and over again, each time hitting the target perfectly. The first time, I thought she had just luck, but when she did it over and over again on different targets. That was not luck, it was skill."

"And she claimed that was the first time she ever held a bow?"

"Yes." He turned to look at his father. "But, for all we know she could be lying. It takes years of training to even try and get close to her level, Ada. Maybe she is pretending to not know things in order to stay here."

"It's a possibility," Oropher admitted.

He knew that it was a risk to let her come to his kingdom. He had given it thought, over and over again, trying to find an argument that would help him sleep peacefully at night. But the truth was that there was none. There were actually more reasons to not let her stay, and he didn't understand why there was something inside of him that was willing to take the risk.

Was that what that elleth was? A risk?

But then, what was not a risk to the King of the Woodland Realm?

It seemed like, for a long time, everything and everyone that was not from his kingdom were considered a threat by him. As Sauron's power grew, so did the danger. His people had to move twice already, and if things kept being as they were, there would soon be a third. They retreated deeper into the forest, lessening contact with other races and the outside world. No one really left the forest, elves doing so only on special occasions and with the king's permission.