Mission

I'm sorry it took so long getting this chapter out. I had a few different rewrites of it and i had to break it up into two different ones.

__________________

Dream interpretation was a course at school, it was one of the few random electives you took to make college somewhat interesting. But you hardly ever dreamed so you never got the chance to interpret any, until this morning.

  All you could remember was a hallways and white doors but the one at the end of the hall was red, there were small voices coming from it, luring you in, drawing you to it but the door was always out of reach. It maddened you in the dream. Until you reached it taking your fingers around the handle.

Then you simply woke up.

Curled into Bucky's side as his arm was securely around you holding you there, his chest was rising and falling steadily indicating he was still sound asleep. Which was odd for the sun to still be out and him asleep but you enjoyed it. You enjoyed the feeling of his arm wrapped tightly around you, his hair messy and in disarray against the pillow, you enjoyed that you were his girl.

Nobody had ever called you that before, my girl. The way it so confidently rolled off his tongue. The emotions it sparked deep within you. It was unlike anything you had ever felt before.

"Staring is rude baby." His lips moved but his eyes never opened.

Baby.

You felt like a high schooler with their first crush. Again. But Bucky Barnes had that effect on you, the ability to make you lose track of your self in such a way that it felt like nothing existed.

Darting your eyes away you snuggled deeper back into him not responding to him calling you out, you didn't plan on leaving this bed for a long time.

But when do we rarely ever get what we want?

Bucky's phone started buzzing against the surface of the nightstand, his arm reached back picking the phone up, he frowned as he looked at the caller ID.

'Yes?' He answered the phone shortly. His other arm still draped around you holding you in place.

You couldn't hear whoever was on the other end of the line but you knew Bucky was annoyed with whatever they wanted his responses were simple one worded answers but his metal fingers traced circles on your arms soothing him from whatever conversation he was having.

Bucky tossed the phone down on the comforter and pulled your body up to his, making sure your face was lined up with his.

"I've got to go get suited up doll." He ran his fingertip down your jaw line and neck.

"I'll go with you." You smiled this would be the first mission that you were on a level playing field with everyone else,

"Not this time. We need you to run coms while we look for the scepter." Bucky's voice hesitated as he told you. You knew he wanted you out there, that this order would be from Fury or your father himself.

You wanted to push him on the matter, you wanted to call Fury and tell him to shove it but you had to prove to everyone you were team player when it came to missions. You sighed deeply.

"Alright but five more minutes in bed." You chuckled as you started to turn away from him acting like you were going to go back to sleep.

It was light hearted the way the he chuckled at you and curled his metal arm to bring you back to him then littering your face with kisses as you tried fighting away from his grasp. He held you tightly chest to chest as you searched his eyes, when you first heard about him and met him you would of never thought that you would of fallen in love with him.