Key #5

Paesyn didn't respond on what I said. It's so thick face of me to ask that from him.. but in my state right now, I will do anything just to attend my dance rehearsal. Our upcoming competition is so important for me.. Hindi ako pwedeng magpabaya..

"You dance?" he just spoke when we're already near the school. I inhaled and nodded.

"I can't skip our dance rehearsals anymore.. Our choreo will probably get mad at me and worst.. he will kick me out of the group." I whispered. It's just understandable to explain, right? I need to explain so he will understand me.

"Is that why you've been skipping your piano classes instead?" I can't tell the tone of his voice. It sound serious but.. curious? Hindi ako sumagot at tumitig nalang sa mga daliri. I played with my ring, the thing that I often do when I'm tensed and nervous.

"Do you like to dance more than to play music?" he asked again.

"Yes.." it will always be my answer. I like to dance more. I don't have any interest in music, though I sometimes enjoy listening to them, but I would never have the intent to make my own music and play instruments if my parents didn't force me.

He glanced at me when I looked at him. Mabilis akong agad na nag-iwas ng tingin.

"Sorry to touch the wound but.. is this your parents' decision to teach you how to play piano?" I held my breath with his question. He realized that that quick?

"I'm sorry for prying, I just want to understand you. You're still young and I know the feeling of being deprive by your own freedom. It sucks." I bit my lip and nodded. It's true.. it really sucks big time.

"As much as I want to help you, Ava, I can't. I'm just a temporary employer in Dorothea, I must stick on the rules. Ms. Arianna trusted me with taking care of your special classes." it instantly disappointed me.

I'm so unlucky.

He stopped the car beside Ellion University. Sobrang malawak dito at puro bermuda grass kahit na wala pa sa loob ng school.

"Let's go so you can change and enter the university." he said and unbuckled his seatbelt. Mabilis ko ring tinanggal ang akin at humarap sakaniya.

"Please, Paesyn! Just.. just until our upcoming competition! That would be next next week! Just two weeks, please.. I need two more weeks.. We can pretend that we're having classes!" I said desperately. Napatigil siya at mariing tumingin sakin.

"You want us to pretend? And how can you explain us, not going to Dorothea as scheduled?"

"You.. you can say that we're having the classes on different place! To your own place because you're busy to your studies and band! We can say that!" he suddenly stared at me with amusement.

"You want me to say that we're conducting the class on my own place?" pinagdiinan niya yung own place.

"What's wrong with that?! Sasabihin mo lang na hindi mo na kayang pumunta sa Dorothea dahil sa dami ng ginagawa mo kaya nagvolunteer akong ako nalang ang mag-adjust!" idinantay niya ang isang kamay sa manibela at tinaasan ako ng kilay.

"Are you even aware of how misleading that sounds is? Ava, you're a minor and a student of Dorothea. You can't just take classes on a not registered piano institute."

"But, please! We can just make up stories! We can use your busy schedule!" I'm really desperate and I'm swallowing my pride for this. I don't usually ask someone that I'm not even close for a lending hand. But now.. I repeat that I'm willing to do anything!

"I will pay you extra!" I added. Natawa siya habang amused pa ring nakatingin sakin.

"Really?" I nodded eagerly.