𝟑

mattia had been staring at kairi for the whole class until he heard the bell ring for his second. he waited for the smaller boy to get up and he got up right after he did looking down on him from behind because he was so short. mattia was still nervous to speak to him but he decided to just do it anyways. he waited until he got into the hallway and he followed him to kai's locker standing in front of him. "hey.. your names kairi? i think that's a cool name!" kairi was putting his backpack in his locker until he heard a deep voice speaking in front of him, he was kind've confused and he turned around to stare at the taller boy noticing he memorized his name. why? he thought. the smaller eyed him up and down quickly admiring him then he spoke. "yeah.. it's kairi. and your name is?" he said softly and closed his locker holding his class schedule in his hands. "my name is mattia. mattia polibio. you seem shy so i think we'll get along just fine. hey.. meet me at your locker at the end of the school day, we could hang out if you'd like." kairi nodded as he listened to what the boy said to him, he was very surprised and excited at the same time that someone from his new school finally wanted to hang out with him.

mattia walked to his second and got there just in time. it was history, his least favorite class but he had one of his friends in there. hunter. mattia flicked hunter in the back of the head with his pencil to get his attention then watched as he turned around. "hey, do you know who kairi cosentino is? he's new but.. i'm curious if you've seen him." hunter shrugged his shoulders never hearing the name before in his life. "nah.. i have no clue who that is.." mattia nodded and opened his notebook beginning to write down stupid notes about things that happened way back in the past. he hated history so much. why did it even matter anyways? history from the past was just a waste of time and it was hard to memorize. that's how he saw it anyways.

kairi walked to his second and got there a bit late due to him not being able to find his class. he sat in the back of the classroom not wanting to speak to anyone because of his shyness. he spotted two girls sitting in front of him and paid attention to the teacher when she called attendance. "kairi- cosentino?" he looked up and raised his hand. "i-'m here.." the two girls immediately turned back to kairi and smiled. "victoria marques?" one of the girls raised their hand and he brushed it off then looked down at his book pretending to read it so they would look away. he felt so weird and he wondered why everyone was being so nice to him for once in his life. he sighed and plugged his ear buds in beginning to do the work the teacher passed out. kairi saw pink shoes in front of him and he looked up seeing a pretty girl with curly brown hair. "hi. i'm ayiana. this is vic." she pointed to the other girl she was sitting with. "you must be new here. we can be friends if you'd like." kairi nodded his head and took out one of his ear buds so he could hear her better.

the time passed by and classes ended. it was finally time to go home. kairi grabbed his things and headed to his locker remembering the request from mattia. "h-hangout after school. right." he stood against his locker for five minutes and then saw mattia walking down the hallway. mattia was surprised that he didn't get ditched. he smiled slightly and held his backpack in his hands. "you ready to go?" mattia asked him as he made his way to the front of the school. "go..? go where..? you never told me where we were going!" mattia nodded and approached his car unlocking it. "oh right. we can go to a snack bar. i'll pay." kairi followed him and debated on getting into his car because he had trust issues and he barely knew the boy but he figured he was overthinking like always. he just wanted to have fun and enjoy quality time with someone. anyone.

kairi got into mattia's car and listened to the music he was playing that he actually recognized, pop smoke. he waited until they arrived at the snack bar and they both got out walking inside and staring around at all the snacks they had. cake, cake pops, ice cream, soda, candy, chocolate and so much more. kai definitely had a sweet tooth and he knew this place was going to become his favorite spot. mattia told kairi to pick something out and he decided on the chocolate cake. kairi and mattia sat down at a table together while kairi munched on the cake.

mattia laughed at him softly and grabbed a napkin, "you.. have something.. here." he wiped the side of kairi's mouth and then smiled watching him eat. he broke the slight silence and played with his fingers nervously. "so.. friends?" mattia knew from the moment he saw kairi that he wanted to protect him but nobody knew he, himself was bisexual and he didn't want to tell. kairi looked up to the boy getting a feeling in his heart that he could trust him. he also had butterflies in his stomach but he really didn't know why. he felt different.. a feeling he never felt before.

"yes.. friends." kairi nodded, looking up to him and then smiling brightly. mattia chuckled and then invited him to the park since it wasn't dark outside yet. "wanna go to the park? it feels nice outside y'know.." kairi nodded his head and then stood up from his chair skipping outside to the car. the two boys arrived at the park and sat down in a nearby bench feeling the cool wind blowing against their faces. "you seem like a great person kairi." mattia said and this caused the others face to blush bright red. "thank you.. i could say the same to you." mattia pulled out a small piece of paper writing his number on it and handing it to kairi. "here, text or call at any time. i'll pick up the phone." kairi nodded and put the paper in his pocket to protect it. "thank you.." was all he said. he was shocked.

kairi's head began to spin slightly as his thoughts were taking over. was he starting to catch feelings? was he bisexual? or even gay? why was his stomach feeling queasy? he didn't know. he shook his head quickly to snap out of it and spent the rest of the day talking with mattia on the bench. he enjoyed the time they spent together.

friends. the word kept circulating in kairi's head.

(a/n: sorry guys, this is a lot to read so let me know if you want longer or shorter chapters! i hope you enjoyed this one! okie bai! <3)