Appointment

▪︎ ■ □ Nagito's P.O.V □ ■ ▪︎

    Weekend passed by rather quickly and it was Monday. The day went off with a great start, me and (Your name) went to school together chit-chatting on the way. Everything was as usual in classroom, well except this uneasy and tense atmosphere that depressed upon us. Chiaki along with our homeroom teacher tried to cheer us up, but it was of no use. Seems like Chiaki and Hajime had a great day at cafe. (Your name) is really proud that she match made them both. She spent all the lunch break bragging about her cleverness and kind attitude, which only made me laugh. (In a good sense of course.)
    Soon enough, the day was over. I had to visit Dr. Psychdoc as promised. We reached our houses and parted for few minutes to change into casual clothes. (Your name)'s father was kind enough to drop me and his daughter to the hospital. Entering the vast reception Mr. (Last name) went to talk to the receptionist.

    "Are you scared?" I heard (Your name) speak. "No. Why should I be?" I didn't understand her concern. "I've read that dementia is a fatal disease." She sighed. Somehow her sad expression made my blood turn cold. I decided to repeat the action from the movie I watched the other day. I picked her hand up and pecked it. "I promise, I'll be alright." I smiled. She squeezed my hand tightly as her cheeks exploded with bright scarlet blush.
    "Ow." I gasped as her hand released mine. "I'm sorry!" She began apologizing. "Cabinet number 44, let's go." Mr. (Last name) called as we stood up.

    We walked inside the elevator as Mr. (Last name) pressed the second floor button. Entering the wide bright hall we searched for the right cabinet. "I guess it's here." (Your name) looked at the door with number 44. I knocked at the door. "Come in." We heard  a masculine voice. "Okay, good luck!" (Your name) gave me a thumbs up as I opened the door and entered the white room.
    There was a long leather sofa in the corner of the room. Next to it stood a comfortable looking armchair. In another corner there was a wooden desk that was sparkling clean. Behind the said desk sat a middle aged man with dark brown hair and shimmering grey eyes. He carefully inspected me from head to toe. "Mr. Komaeda I suppose?" He stood up and smiled widely. "Yes." I nodded. "Pleased to meet you, I'm doctor Daniel Psychdoc." He gave me a strong but warm handshake. "Please, take a seat." He gestured towards the leather sofa.

    I sat down as he asked me to, he sat on the armchair, smile never leaving his face. "Okay, have you brought your previous medical record?" He asked looking at the file that I held in my hands. "Oh, yes I did." For some reason I've been acting aloof. I handed him the file as he took good ten minutes inspecting my documents.
    "Alright. I'm going to ask you some questions that concern me the most." He leaned back. I sighed and leaned onto the sofa. "At first, why did you came here? I think you're fully aware that your condition is worsening every single day. There's nothing modern medicine can do." Dr. Psychdoc stated straightforwardly. "You know you can scare off your patients if you say things like that." I smirked. "I prefer to be honest with my patients and don't put false hope in them." Doctor sighed. "So, what is your reason? I can guarantee that the information you give me will stay inside this walls only." He continued.

    "(Your name). She didn't knew about my sickness. She's very worried for me, therefore I came here to calm her down a bit." I sighed. "I see. Mrs. (Last name) had a problem kind of similar to yours." Doctor started. "Wait. Haven't you said that information your patients say must be private?" I noted. "I'm sure that she doesn't mind." Dr. Daniel smiled wholeheartedly.

    "You must've heard the incident that happened to her. She was kidnapped at a very young age and was mentally tortured. I feel very bad for her. After kidnappers got arrested she was found mentally devastated. She grew distant from her parents and friends, stopped going to school and grew scared of her surroundings not trusting anyone. Typical posttraumatic stress disorder. Thankfully, her father was a very close friend of mine back in the university days. He called me right away asking for my assistance. It took me some time to warm up to (Your name) and get her to open up. Few months later she got rid of her stress and started living her life to the fullest." Dr. Psychdoc smiled.
    "Thats a nice story with a happy ending, but. . . Why have you told me this? What's the point?" I was really confused. "The whole thing I said is completely pointless. I just wanted to ease up the atmosphere." Doctor shrugged and chuckled. "I'm sorry sir, but can we get down to business? I knew that there's nothing you can do. All I want is for (Your name) to stop worrying about me. So, can you please talk to her and say that I'm fine?" I raised my voice.