Chapter 17 - Escape

Aizawa was the last teacher to arrive in principal Nezu's office after the call was made. Tomorrow was the PLE and he had planned in a quirk counseling session with Midoriya that was now cut short. The problem child was doing good though, now focussing on training with his legs instead of his arms. He was making quick progress, but that wasn't new.

The kid only had that quirk for about half a year and he was already using it up on this level. He had a backlog on the rest of his class on that front, seeing as kids mostly develop their quirks at 4 and have years to adjust to it. All Might may have chosen a good successor after all...

Shouta's good mood fell instantly when he entered the office though, seeing and sensing the tense atmosphere inside the room. He noticed Yagi's detective friend was here too. So the police were involved huh? This was definitely going to be bad news... With a small sigh, he sat down in the only empty chair left, looking down to see a file laying in front of him. It seemed like every faculty member had a copy of the file and by the tension he guessed everyone had already read its content.

His eyes widened as he opened it up, the first words already sending a threatening chill down his spine. No... This wasn't possible...

"Now that everyone is here, I'd like to discuss this matter with you" Nezu stated, his paws folded together as his dark eyes gave nothing away.
"This situation is indeed very unfortunate and I would like to implement extra safety regulations in order to keep the students safe"

Keep the students safe? Was that a joke? With All Might retired, there was no stopping this monster. Aizawa took a double take on the file, making sure he didn't misread anything. But unfortunately his eyes weren't deceiving him, because there it stood, in big bold letters.

REPORT ON THE ESCAPE OF ALL FOR ONE

The black haired man looked back up, his eyes meeting those of All Might, or rather, Toshinori Yagi. All For One was his biggest enemy, one he gave up everything for in hopes of defeating that monstrous power. Hell, the sole purpose of One For All was to defeat him! But it seems that even though he gave it his all, it wasn't enough. Toshinori could be in danger, All For One could be out for revenge... Or maybe...

Shouta's body froze up for a moment. Midoriya. What if he knew All Might had a successor? What if he was going after Midoriya next..?

"What about the Provincial Licensing Exam?" someone asked.
"Shouldn't it be cancelled? Why is the Hero Commission not doing anything?"
"Yes, news like this would normally be broadcasted all over the country" someone else added.

"The police and the Hero Commission are trying to keep it low profile" the detective explained.
"If the public caught word of his escape, there would be a nationwide panic. Right now, we need to keep our heads cool and come up with a plan"
He pressed a button, a picture being projected on the white screen against the wall. It showed a building in a seemingly peaceful area. But looks can deceive.

"We've seen him have contact with the yakuza and enter this domain which we believe is owned by one of the main families" the detective explained.
"Right now we're preparing a raid in order to arrest and capture All For One once more"
"Why do you think you stand a chance against that man?" Aizawa asked, glaring at him.

"We all saw the destruction in Kamino. We all know what happened to our colleague, All Might. Other heroes didn't stand a chance against him, so what makes you think you will be able to take him now?"

"Due to the medication he was given in Tartarus, he shouldn't be able to use the majority of his quirks. In other words, he's vulnerable. We have limited time until the effect of those drugs wear off, which is why we need to act quickly" the man answered.
"I already offered the police a part of our UA faculty to assist in the raid" Nezu stated.