Part 29

Dear diary,
I can't breathe. My lungs were filling with oxygen but yet there was no air to breathe. I didn't feel safe leaving the restroom. Not with Kol outside. I didn't want to imagine what he could do to me... what he would do to me. I could just sleep in the tub for the rest of the night, to avoid my fear.The overview of the room was tidy. It was mostly white, besides the occasional grey. They even had white tile floors, which reflected the ceiling light. Making the room seem to have a glow. I paused before walking over to the sink. I placed my hands on either side of the railing. Hunching my body over, facing the drain of the sink. Sweat drip down my face as I slowly took a deep breath in. I looked up at my reflection, in the sliver glaze mirror hanging above the sink. But what was looking back at me was something other then myself. I pushed off the sink.. hard. My back hitting the wall behind me. Causing the mirror to come crashing down from its place. Falling on to the white shining tile. But it did not break. What was that? A knock came at the door. Startling me. "I hear a crash, do you need any help?" It was Elijah. I quickly threw my hands on my head pulled little strands of dirty blonde hair for my roots. I was to stressed for this. My anxiety was getting the better of me. What do say? "No, go away" I yelled. I winced at my rudeness, Elijah had been nothing but nice to me since I arrived why was I acting this way? No answer. "I'll be out in a bit, if you're that worried about me you can wait outside" I said dropping my hands from my head. The hair I had pulled out falling to the floor. My arms swayed at my side. No answer again. But I could hear the floor board creek as Elijah leaned his body up against the wall outside the restroom. He decided to stay. I sighed. Stepping closer to the mirror. I lowered my body, sitting on the cool tile staring into the mirror. There was nothing. The reflection had disappeared. I reached my fingers to the mirror. Slowly touching the surface. The reflection reappeared. Her fingers touching mine though the mirror. I could feel her energy. It was as if I had known her my hole life. I tilted my head to the side and she did as well... mirroring me. I tilted it to the other side she did as well at the same time, the same movement, the same...girl? I paused... she was me. But she wasn't. We share the same facial features the same nose, the same eyes shape, the same face. The only differences I could spot was that her hair was a dark brown almost a ravens black, her eyes were completely taken over by a dark storm making them seem black but in the light of the room I could tell they were dark blue. I press my full hand on the mirror. The sweat of my palm causing condensation to form. With her hand on mine I asked. "Are you my sister?"