chapter three

I woke up full of energy, refreshed to start the next week at my wonderful school. I grabbed my phone, which I had unplugged from the charger before that, and the first thing I saw was a fan profile notification for Sean.

I don't hide, I was surprised by the sudden spam on my fanpage.

-Sean seeing something? - I said to myself.

Forgetting about school completely, I started browsing through the rest of the notifications from the rest of the social network.

It took about an hour. Then I realized that I had forgotten something. I looked around the room, but nothing caught my attention. I looked back at the phone

8:47am

-shit, I'm late!...

I got out of bed, went on a quick routine, and changed. I did it so quickly and unconsciously that I forgot to wake up my mother who was supposed to drive me to school. I ran to her room and started tugging aggressively.

-Mom, I'm late. Will you give me a ride?

-Ask Devon.

-mom please...

-Oh, it's okay. Go get the food ready and I'll get ready at the same time - said mom getting up from the bed.

-Thank you!! - I hugged her with all my strength and ran to get my school meal ready.

[...]

-Mom ..

-Yes? - my mom asked, driving the car with concentration

-I'm already an adult, right?

-Yes..?

-And you trust me, don't you?...

-Of course, i do.

-Okay.. so yeah..

-Say it.

-You know Sean? I've been running this fan account for him for a long time, where I have 24k followers. (lmao i wish)

-It would be hard to forget about him. A wonderful boy..

-Well and.. you probably won't believe it, but-

-But what? Kayc, talk faster. We'll be at school soon.

-Sean wrote to me yesterday that he liked my dances, followed me on ig and..

-Oh gosh, really? - she said incredulously

-And he asked if I could meet him.

-Of course, no problem. I'll take you there.

-But mom.. he lives in LA.

-Wait, wait.. are you trying to tell me that you want to go to a not known boy a few hundred miles from here?

-He offered it to me! He said he would pay for the tickets if there was a problem

-There would be no problem with tickets, but there's no way that you would go anywhere, especially on your own and on the days you go to school.

-Mom! I won't fly alone. Girls can fly with me and school is over in less than a week! I have a good-

-No

-But..

-No

-But..

-No no and no. Kaycee, you're not flying to Los Angeles, even if it's on summer.

-Mom, this is a life chance for me. A master in dance, a genius of movements, an actor, my idol offered me to come to him! Besides, I could live with dad temporarily!..