Chapter 1

I slowly stepped forward. Snape had told me to do the most embarrassing thing ever. Smell the Amortentia in front of the whole class. It was embarrassing because you smelt what you are attracted to. I pushed past the people in front of me not that there were many. I got to the cauldron and looked at Snape than the potion then back to Snape.

"Well, Miss. Granger, what do you smell?" he said sternly.

I sighed and started smelling it, "I smell, old parchment, green apples, and I think, um, peppermint?" I looked up at Snape and then the realization hit me. I looked at Draco, and he was looking at me. I blushed and fixed my robe and backed away burying myself into the rest of the students realizing they made the connection too. I looked back and forth from Harry to Ron.

"Green apples, peppermint, and old parchment? Mione?" Ron said quietly.

"Yes, what about it?" I snapped.

"Who smells like that?" Harry asked.

"I don't know," I looked down knowing very well who that smells like looking at Draco who was still looking at me with an almost dumbfounded look on his face.

Once class was over I quickly gathered my stuff and pushed past everyone not waiting for Harry or Ron like I normally do.

"Hermione wait!" I heard Ron yell. I couldn't wait. I just had to get out of there. I didn't wait, I didn't slow down, I just kept moving. Weaving in and out of kids working my way through the halls at an impressive speed. Some of them looked at me weird for my rushed behavior.

"Granger!" Oh no, no, no I couldn't face him right now. Anyone but him. "Granger! Wait!" he still shouted. I could feel his stare in the back of my head but I wouldn't turn around I wouldn't stop. I just needed to get to my dorm. I was almost there when I felt a hand on my shoulder stopping me. "Gr-Hermione please," he said quietly. I whipped around turning to face him.

"What Malfoy! What could you possibly want!" I yelled startlingly him along with me. "I am sorry I didn't mean to yell at you," I whispered.

"It is fine," he blushed a little. Was Draco Malfoy nervous? "Just, can we meet later? In the Astronomy Tower, alone?"

"You're surely going metal if you think I will ever meet with you, alone!" I exclaimed.

"Hermione, please. This is not a trap. It isn't a trick. I just want to speak with you," he said looking at the ground.

"And, I'm supposed to take your word for it huh? Just trust you? You have done nothing but hurt me and my friends for as long as we've known you, and you just expect me to trust you? Either way, we are talking right now anything you want to say to me just say it here," I said speaking really fast, anger and annoyance clear in my voice. Yet he seemed to stay calm. Where his face would give away his anger or his natural hot-headedness was just calm, he was just calm. His face was relaxed not in a cocky way as I expected but in a, I'm sorry type of way. But Draco is never sorry, cause he is Draco Malfoy and he is always right.

"Look I am sorry, I know you have no reason to trust me I completely understand, but it isn't just something I can say in the hallway. Just give me a chance and trust me. I will be up in the Astronomy Tower tonight. If you change your mind," he sighed looking down, he didn't look relived in the slightest though he just looked disappointed, but not at me, at, himself? He started walking away but stopped mid tracks a few feet away from me, and he slightly turned his head so I could only see the side of his face. "I really am sorry Hermione," and with that, he turned and walked away.

I just stood there confused. Did Draco Malfoy just say he was sorry, twice?

"Hermione, there you are," Harry's voice broke me out of my confusion and my stare went from staring down the Hall to looking at Harry.