𝕊𝕚𝕩: Our Dear Zack

"Zack!" I ran up and tried to cut him loose. Steel against steel. The girl, Cathy- continued to laugh hysterically.

"Oh dear, that won't get you anywhere!" Yeah, I know, but I'm kinda panicking!

"You see, here we have our first method of punishing sinners: the electric chair! Our dear Zack just sat right in it, too!" Cathy laughed, as a video feed came on. She was rather pretty, for a psychopath. She showed a clip of what would happen to Zack.

"Let's give it a little test, shall we?" Suddenly, electricity ran through Zack's body. He let out a depressing scream.

"Zack!" Ray and I both surrounded him, and the electricity stopped. "Zack, are you okay?" I gently shook his arm.

"Yeah, of course I'm fine!" His head jerked up. "Quit your worrying!"

Cathy bursted out laughing. "Wow, you're still alive! Hah! You really are a monster, Zack!"

"What do we need to do to free him?" I looked into the camera, making sure she knew I was challenging her.

"Oh, Rachel just needs to find which one of those dolls are fake!" I turned around at the wooden dolls, now animated and white-eyed. "And until then, our dear Zack will keep getting these little shocks!" Her laughter suddenly stopped.

"And if you dare help her, Y/n, I'll make sure he dies." My eyes went wide, as my head jerked back towards Zack. He met my eyes with anger. The urge to kill Cathy.

"We beginnnn- now!" The electricity ran through Zack again, and Rachel went to pick up his scythe.

"Wait, use the knife!" I said. Rachel's eyes flicked with recognition. She reached into her handbag and pulled it out.

"It's sharp.." she pricked her finger, then got to slashing. The electricity ceased for a moment, and I shifted my focus once more.

"Zack?"

"Shut up, shortie." The electricity started back up.

My mind started to fog. I kneeled by the chair, staring out at Rachel, but I couldn't really see anything. My mind soon shut in on itself, and I lost all senses.

~*~*~*~

"Y/n." I snapped back. Zack was standing beside Rachel with his scythe. Guess she solved Cathy's "riddle."

"Sorry, let's go." I stand and follow the two of them to the corner of the room. The door had the universal "poison" sign on it.

"Are.. we sure we should go in?" Rachel asked.

"Well, we got no other choice, do we?!" Zack charged on in, followed by me guiding Rachel along.

"Glad you made iiit! For this next room, you'll have to solve a little puzzle to escapee!" Cathy appeared on the screen. The room had a gas mask, a scale, and a corpse.

"Oh, but the catch is that there will be poison gas filtering in the room as you work! Now, it'd be boring if I just left you in there forever, so I'll give you a time limit!" An hourglass popped up on the screen. "Once this runs out, the mask you see there will be completely useless! Ahahaha!"

"Oh, and don't bother trying to escape. The windows are reinforced, so there's no way you can get out through there. Well, good luccck!~"

"Bastard.." I said. Zack went towards the mask and held it out to Rachel.

"Put it on, Ray." She dodged his attempt to put the mask on her.

"No, I have to be able to look for clues. You or Y/n wear it."

"LISTEN! It'll take way longer for us to be effected by it, so just put it on already!" The two bickered back and forth, and eventually agreed on all of us trading off. Not that I'd be affected, anyways..

"Hey, there's something written under here.." Rachel said. I kneeled next to her.

"Under here?" Zack gestured to the corpse, and Rachel nodded. He then kicked it away.

"..Balance the weight of the crime.." Rachel read the passage under the body. "So.." She then picked up the rotting foot and put it on the scale. I handed her one of my heavier knives, and the scale balanced out.

"..Nothing happened." I looked down at Rachel. Then we heard a clattering noise, and found that a ceiling tile had fell. But before we could react, she started coughing terribly.

"I told you to tell me when it got too bad." Zack scoffed, while putting the mask on Rachel.

"I'm guessing the key is up there." I pointed to the now open area of the ceiling.

"Well then, up you go!"

"Wha-"

Here I am, being thrown into a ceiling by a scythe wielding psycho. Fun times.

"Ya see anything?"

"Not yet." I crawled towards where the ducts were sectioned off at, most likely to prevent the poison from circulating elsewhere. A key card was hidden in with it.

"I found it." I stuck my head over the opening in the ducts.

"Well get down here then!"

I analyzed the best way to jump down without hurting my legs too bad. Then, I jumped.

But instead of landing on my feet..

I landed in Zack's arms.

I blinked slowly, confused by the situation. Zack's face steadily grew more impatient.

"Geez, shortie. You just gonna stay there all day? I can't hold you forever." I then absentmindedly started to wiggle out of Zack's arms.

"I got the key."

"Great. Gimme." Zack snatched it out of my hands and went to the door. "Cmon, cmon stupid thing..!"

*snap*

"Zack.. What was that?" Rachel asked.

"I, uh.. kinda.. broke the key card." He gave an awkward smile.

"Ohohoho! It seems like your time is up, sinners! Now for the real fun!"