Chapter : 18

Location: Somewhere in Beijing

              Inside Basement

Wang Yibo never left for home or his apartment later that night instead drove towards his secret place where he and his men did their dangerous work. After arriving at the well built mansion in an abandoned place in the middle of night, he parked his car and threw his keys to one of the guards, he strode inside, directly toward the stairs which led to the basement. He didn't even look or nodded as his men in black were welcoming him while bowing in respect, throughout the way. 

Going through the dimly lit corridor of Prisoner's Cells, his feet halted in front of the last cell in which his younger step brother was captive. His hands were cuffed at his back as well as his legs but there was an iron chain attached to it which was locked around the bar. He was looking completely pathetic with his messy clothes and dishevelled hair. There were dark circles beneath his eyes pairing with dry lips, adding more to his creepiness when he smirked once glancing at the visitor or more clearly, his captor. 

He hadn't eaten anything since the moment he was captured, so the weakness he was feeling in his entire body just sitting up straight on the floor was pretty obvious but he didn't mind. From his dried throat which was due to lack of water, he squeezed out some words in a exhausted manner,

"Ahh...brother..(cough*)..you returned? I'm so happy that you came, but this time not per someone's order or to meet someone's else. (Cough*) You're here bcoz u want to meet me, talk with me and that's upon your own will. I'm more than happy as my dreams come true though just in a bit of a wrong way." 

"(With a scrutinised brow) Stop calling me brother and your acting! I know you and your father better than anyone. You think after messing up my life, you will get away so easily?"

Xuan was angry as fuck! He said while gritting his teeth,

"You don't know me! No one knows me well enough except my mother who gave birth to me, an unfilial son who couldn't even save her from death. You think I was acting when I said I'm happy with your arrival? Nope! I was really glad that no matter what you got time to see your brother...sorry according to you, your step brother. I know I am a fool to admit it but whatever I have said to you earlier was what my heart wanted to say for the very first time!

I said what my heart felt at that moment and I wasn't joking or felt embarrassed or shy when I finally blurted my hidden feelings. It's not that type of feeling but my heart always aches for receiving the brotherly love from my elder brother but unfortunately, I have never been so lucky to get them. 

I have always wished for my true acceptance by you, my cold brother, your company, your teachings, your love, your care, your support, your guidance and also your punishments if I will do something wrong or punishable, but never for once did I be able to receive them.

(Sighing as his eyes turned cold) I started hating you, elder brother for your actions. I never liked the fact that why did you have to draw a line between us? Why has to put another word (step) before calling me brother? Couldn't we be like normal brothers or even friends...okay not friends but what about being roommates?

I tried my best to melt my elder brother's heart but to no avail. Actually, my every effort proved worthless in my brother's emotionless eyes. I'm alone even when I have a family just like those days where I didn't have one. Hahaha...what a destiny!!"

"You weren't an orphan, understand? So stop using such emotional words like alone and without a family in front of me. It didn't suit you who already had a father who loved you the most, no matter however u r. After all, he is also like you! But for me, both of you will be nothing but gold diggers! You want me to accept such a person as my brother? I'm appearing that lunatic in your eyes?"