50

a truce, a drink, and a new deal

ATHENA ROLLS HER EYES AT THE SOUND OF THE BLARING MUSIC COMING FROM INSIDE ALARIC'S APARTMENT. She jiggles the doorknob for a minute, gritting her teeth as she clenches her fist around it and busts the lock. When the door swings open, she stops short at the sight of the doppelgänger standing before her.

Katherine drops her arm down, a bourbon bottle hanging from her palm. "Ugh, it's you,"

"I thought I smelled a backstabbing bitch nearby, but I figured it was just Elena," Athena tilts her head with a smirk. "You know, when I found out Klaus got you out of the tomb, I figured he couldn't stop himself from killing you the second you opened your mouth."

Katherine simpers, rolling her eyes as Athena steps into the apartment, shutting the door behind her. "Sorry to disappoint, he's just decided to keep me locked in this dingy apartment, compelled to hell and back."

"What a shame," Athena drawls, looking around the mess strewn about Alaric's apartment. "Are thousand-year-old hybrids always this messy?"

"Men aren't capable of evolution, no matter how long they live," Katherine rolls her eyes, taking another swig off of the bourbon. "Why did you come here, Athena?"

"I needed to speak to Klaus," She hums, eyes flickering to the vampire. "And Elijah."

Katherine raises a brow, a smirk growing on her face. "Are you planning something devious?"

"Not devious, just planning," She shrugs. "We have an Original problem and I need it taken care of."

Katherine scoffs. "You can't double-cross Klaus, trust me. I tried, and look where it got me,"

"A sad, drunk, prisoner with the audacity to be smug," Athena clasps her hands together, uncaring of the glare Katherine gives her. "I'm not stupid enough to try and go behind Klaus's back, I actually need his help."

Katherine's eyes widen and she steps behind the counter as Athena takes a seat at it. "If you go to Klaus for help, that means you'll owe him a debt, and he will cash in at the worst possible time."

"It's worth it."

The vampire narrows her eyes, looking at Athena curiously. "Care to entertain a poor prisoner with some gossip?"

"I'd love to tell you, but I know you don't give a damn and I'm really not in the mood to deal with your inevitable backstabbing," Athena rolls her eyes and stands, heading for the door.

"Wait!"

Athena stops short, looking over her shoulder at Katherine. "I– I won't backstab you. I've been locked up in this apartment for days and I'm losing my mind. And it's not like I can even leave, so I have no way to stir the pot. I just want to know."