Chapter 4

"Yes," your heart cracked. "I will be happy if you date my sister."

Jungkook didn't say anything. He just scraped his tongue against his teeth, blinking dumbly at you.

You swallowed hard.

His reaction was frightening. Jungkook never looked at you using his dead eyes. His stare was normally full of adoration.

You wondered if this was how he was going to look at you when he started to date Soojin.

Could you handle it?

Your heart was barely surviving now that Jungkook turned away from you—like he couldn't tolerate your face, like it was driving him insane.

He walked away and tears fell down your cheeks.

It hurt.

You wanted to call him, to tell him you didn't mean what you said. But it wasn't necessary.

Jungkook looked back even though you didn't say anything.

He watched as fat tears rolled down your cheeks.

He gasped, eyes turning wide.

He made his way towards you.

"Too fucking bad," and then he engulfed you into a very tight hug. "Because it doesn't make me happy. I don't want to date your sister..."

You bit your bottom lip, tears were still filling your eyes. Jungkook could feel it soaking his suit. He released himself from the hug just so he could cup your face and wipe your tears away.

"I can't do it," he shook his head. He couldn't do two things. First, he looked back because he realized he couldn't walk away from you. Second: "I can't date Soojin. She's not you..."

Jungkook caressed your cheeks once more.

"Did you hear me? She's not you, okay? She doesn't even have to give me time to think because I already know what I want, and it's not her. Never her..."

You didn't know what to say so you only did what you think would best express your feelings.

You kissed him on the mouth.

Everything be damned. For a moment you didn't want to think about the consequences of your action. It's just you, Jungkook, the moon, and the stars.

He moved his lips, deepening the kiss, silently telling you that he wanted this too, that just like you, he was done pretending like his heart wasn't going to burst whenever you were around.

You completed each other. Broken or whole, you knew you needed him.

He needed you too.

"Just you, baby..." He pulled away from the kiss, but he pressed his lips on your forehead. "My tiger..."

You were still dazed because of the sudden turn of events. You expected this night to end with you alone in your bed; however, life was full of surprises.

Right now, you were inside an unfamiliar car, but with a familiar body next to yours. Jungkook wrapped his arms around your shoulders as he instructed the uber driver where to go.

He didn't care if he needed to pay double if it meant he got to take you to his home.

You ended up in Jungkook's bed that night. You didn't do anything aside from cuddling. Your best friend was warm and you were cold.

You enjoyed trailing feathery kisses along his jawline.

He was ticklish though.

"Hmm," Jungkook chuckled, craning his neck so your lips landed on the base of his throat.