Pregnancy

Yuki had been feeling queasy all day. Something was off, but she could not pinpoint what. Her spikes and jumps were weak, her reactions slow, and she felt as though weights were on the feet. When the whistle blew, signalling the end of practice, Yuki was first to grab her water bottle.

"What's up with you today?" Izumi asked, walking beside her. "You've practically been a zombie since you got here."

"Yeah," Yuki wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, "I've been feeling it. Might be coming down with a cold or something."

Izumi took a large step backwards, making Yuki chuckle. "It's just annoying; this is the first time me and Keishin have the night together since his birthday the other week."

Izumi wriggled her eyebrows. "His birthday, aye? Do anything...fun?"

"If by fun, you mean sex, then yes, we did, multiple times, all around the house."

"All around the house?"

"All around."

The two held eye contact for a moment before bursting into laughter. Their other teammates were unbothered by the sudden outburst; it was a regular occurrence between the two, even on the court at times. They were a deadly duo; they kept each other in check and kept the spirits of the team high in dire moments.

"Alright, well, get some rest, we've got a match tomorrow. Can't have you being sick." Izumi said as they walked to their cars.

"I know, I know. I'm sure once I get some sleep, I'll be fine."

"Make sure to sleep, okay?" Izumi winked.

"Yeah, Yeah, say Hi to Jiro for me."

The two parted, and Yuki was home quickly, excited to spend the night with Keishin. It was the beginning of the school year, and he was extremely busy with the team and the new members, and Yuki was in the midst of the volleyball season. They only saw each other when they went to bed, but even then, they were both so exhausted they would fall asleep instantly.

"Smells good," she said when she opened the door, grinning at the familiar scent of his cooking. He walked out of the kitchen, towel over his shoulder and apron wrapped around his waist, a matching grin on his face, but when he saw her, it dropped, his eyebrows furrowing together.

"You look terrible."

"Oh, thanks, just what I wanted to hear."

They met in the middle of the living room; his smile returned. "I'm sorry," his hand came to her forehead. "You look pale. You feeling okay?"

"Honestly? I feel drained." She placed her chin on his chest, looking up at him while wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Mhm, don't have a fever at least."

"I don't feel ill. Just tired."

He gave her a gentle kiss on the head before his hand gently landed on her face. "Why don't you go set up a movie, and I'll bring food in. Okay?" Yuki nodded, dragging her feet to the living room. She dumped her bag on the floor and plopped onto the couch, grabbing the controller and skipping through the channels, her eyes half-open, paying little attention to what was happening on the screen.

"Hey, baby, wake up," Keishin gently tapped the side of her face, startling her awake. She blinked a few times, readjusting her sight, Keishin came in view. "Food's ready," he smiled softly.

Yuki nodded when he placed the food onto the table, trying her best to understand when she fell asleep.

"Hey," he leaned over the table to grab her hand. "We'll head to bed after this, okay?"