Chapter Nine: Hello? Is this Mr. Grants?

I bust into tears. I couldn't help, but cry. She knew. My dad would give me the biggest beaten place. I am going to die. The tears keep coming. The wouldn't stop coming. But it made me feel better to keep crying.

"Come on Jayla. Let's go back to my office." Mrs. Kelly says.

We got back into her office and I was still crying. Luke wasn't there though. Then the consular called him out of class so he came back. Luke saw me ball my eye's out. Then she got back on her phone and dialled a number and pressed call. "Hello? Is this Mr. Grants?---- Okay ummm... Do you mind coming up to Jayla's school to have a chat with me. I'm her consular. ------ Okay great! See you soon." Then she hung up.

"Don't worry Jayla. You're going to be safe now." She said.

I just cried harder.

"Jayla. What I'm wondering is how long this has been going on?"

"Since I was..... I was seven." I cried.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Luke butted in.

"I was scared and afraid of what was going to happen." I cried even hard.

Then my father showed up. He was actually sober for once.

"Welcome Mr. Grants. We wanted you to be here in person when we told you that Jayla is no longer going to live with you." Mrs. Kelly told my father.

"But... why?" He says trying to act concerned.

"We found out that you have been abusing her. And we can't let this go on any longer." She explained to him.

"WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU SAY THAT JAYLA?!"

I quickly ball up, keep crying, and Luke just sat by my side and hugged me as I stayed in the little ball.

"Mr. Grants please stop." She says,"Hasn't Jayla been through enough?"

"NO!!!! AT LEAST SHE HAS ME!!!! I'VE BEEN THROUGH WORSE!"