Chapter 1

(Y/n) POV

I've always wondered why no one left the village. My dad also never lets me go outside alone. He says it's dangerous but I don't see the danger out side of our mushroom. But today's the day I turn 18 (even if this is not your age it is now) and dad said I can go out when I turn 18 just like he did.

-time skip-

"Dad!" "Yes I realize your 18 but me and your mom have been talking... we think you should wait a little longer before you go out... alone."I just look at him so disappointed. "You still don't trust me?" "It's not that sweetie..." my mom chimes in. "Then what is it?!" I say raising my voice a little. My dad starts to talk again "it's dangerous out there... we don't want you to get hurt..." I frown and walk away. Stuck at home anther day... or am I? I come up with a brilliant plan of escaping. I open the window and climb out and slide down the side. It's so weird being alone... at night... last time I checked it was 12:00 in the afternoon. I look up sure enough there's the stars and the moon up in the sky. *snap* I whip around to see what caused the noise. "Hey there... you shouldn't be alone out here." I see before me a tall man with a scare on his face and his clothing torn in some places. He lifts his hand to revile a knife. Before I could realize what happened I was running to where? I don't know. I knew I couldn't go back home risk the man to find out where I live. But also my dad would never let me even open a window ever again. Before I knew it we were out side the town walls. Great now no one is ever going to find my body. I hid behind a rock ready to run. He never came. *thump* what was that? *thump* again? *thump* it crept getting louder and the ground shock a little more every time as well. I look around to see a boot a giant boot. I look up to see the giant wearing the boot. That's what scared the other man. The giant kept walking and I did the stupidest thing any one can do. I followed him. I had to run as fast as I could to stay on his trail. He stoped and sat by a tree. This is my chance to get a better look. I started to climb the tree. Yes it might seem impossible but if you look at all the reeves in the bark it's a lot easier.

-time skip-

I was on the lowest breach looking at the giant. He had white hair and blue and red face paint. His eyes are as white as his hair. That's when I noticed the huge sword on his back. It was curvy and twisted between to blades. He sat there for a little bit I don't know why. *tweet tweet* my eyes widen at the sound I look to my right but it came on my left. The bird grabbed me and pulled me off the branch. "Help!!! Ahhhhhh!!!" That got his attention he sat up so fast and grabbed his sword. While I was still screaming. The bird landed on a really high branch and placed me there. The bird had me cornered and started to peck. I was moving left right and backwards. The giant was still looking for the person who screamed but little does he know I'm right over top of him. "Up here!!!" He finally looks up. He puts his sword away a climbs. "Help!" *tweet* "nooo!" He makes it to the branch. "Over here to your left!" He turns his head and the shock on his face was... shocking. He blinked and shock his head before shewing the bird away. He sat on one of the branches and just looked at me. He finally spoke "what are you?" "I could be asking you the same question." We look at each other. "Anyway I'm a picori and my name is (y/n)" I say as nicely as I can. "I'm a guardian deity my name is Oni." "Nice to meet you Oni." I say while nodding with a smile. "So... you got attacked by a bird...?" "Yes." "Ok" he looks down then back up at me. "I thought all the picori were dead." "Well there's a small village where my dad is probably having a heart attack because I'm gone." I say like it's completely normal. "My dad never lets me out of the house alone and now I'm outside of the village alone." "Want me to take you back?" "No! Are you kidding me?! If I go back I will never be aloud to open a window ever again. Then I'll die alone." I say staring into my lap. "It's dangerous out here. Plus there's monsters out here that would step on you." "Then..." I say looking around until I stopped at him again "I'll stay with you!" I say excitedly. We didn't say anything and just looked at each other. "...if that's ok with you?" I did a nervous smile. He sighed "... ok" "really! Yes!" I looked around and then down. "We're stuck in a tree." I say while looking up at him. "Here" he held out his hand. I climbed on and he put me on is shoulder.

-time skip-

We are now walking in the woods... well he's walking... apparently he was a house like cabin by a small river. "I bet you don't get much company." "Not really." "Are we almost there?" "Well we're here now." He pushed aside a branch and then I saw the house. "It looks so peaceful here" I say quietly while he opens the door.

Hey guys I'm back with another book yayyyyyy. Ok so this one might take a little longer because I want to make sure this is good. I'll try to update maybe 2 times a month. I really hope you like the book😄