Chapter 22

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. I only own my OC Sakiya. All rights go to Masashi Kishimoto. 

A month had passed and Sakiya was growing stronger in her medical ninjutsu with Kabuto. He had to leave towards the end because something happened to Orochimaru. So, by herself she was practicing and learning the techniques Kabuto showed her.

Sakiya walked into one of the medical rooms. It was a private room for one ninja that Kabuto introduced her to. It was for a ninja named Kimimaro Kaguya. She walked to the side of his bed and checked his IV and all the wires he had hooked to him to make sure he was doing alright. She walked to the computer and inputted the data that he needed for his medicine.

"So, it's that time again for you to practice huh?" Kimimaro asked in a quiet voice.

"Yes, it is," She said and walked back over to him. She put her hands over the top of his heart. Her hands glowed a bright green. She tried focusing on what was killing him.

"It's okay if it doesn't work," He said. Sakiya softly shushed him.

"We will find a cure Kimimaro. You will be better," She said, trying to give him some hope. She extended her chakra further into his body. She could sense the disease, but for some reason, it just wasn't working. She stopped using her jutsu and let out a soft sigh.

"It wasn't working," He said. She looked at him. His eyes were covered.

"I'm sorry," She said and walked out, closing the door behind her. She wished she could do more for him, but that wasn't going to happen. She had looked through his charts and Kabuto and Orochimaru couldn't find the cure to his disease, no matter how many remedies and anecdotes they tried. Nothing seemed to work.

She walked to the training area. She wanted to practice her jutsu that she had mastered before she came to the hideout. She walked in and went to the middle. She closed her eyes and focused on the build-up of her chakra. Once she felt the right amount, she opened her eyes and made the hand signs. She slammed her hands down on the ground and the floor opened up. She quickly made more hand signs and a water dragon burst up from the floor. She let the dragon sit for a moment and she released the jutsu, closing the floor up. As she started to stand up, the door flew open.

"Sakiya! I need your help now!" It was Kabuto. She turned and ran towards the door, following him to a medical room. Kabuto opened the door and she saw Orochimaru. His arms were a purple color and were bleeding.

"What happened to him?" She asked.

"The Hokage decided to seal my arms..." Orochimaru said. She looked at him.

"How did he manage to do that?" She asked.

"He used the Reaper Death Seal," He said. He was breathing slightly heavily. She started looking through the shelves of books on seals. She flipped through book after book, not finding anything. She dropped down to the floor to look at the bottom shelf. One book caught her eye. It had the Uzumaki clan symbol on it. She opened it and flipped through it. One picture came up, and the name had the seal Orochimaru was talking about.

"Here, this is the seal right?" She asked, showing Kabuto. He looked at it and read through it.

"I wonder..." He said. He looked over at Orochimaru.

"Do you know where Tsunade is?" He asked. Orochimaru thought for a moment.

"Knowing her, she would be in a gambling village right now. That could be anywhere," He said.

"Tsunade? Who is Tsunade?" Sakiya asked. She heard Orochimaru chuckle.

"She is one of the Legendary Sannin. Like me. She specializes in Medical Ninjutsu and is a master in it. What are you thinking about Kabuto?" Orochimaru asked.

"I'm thinking that she may be able to restore your arms," He said and looked at him.

"We can always ask her. I will ask my spies to look around for any signs of her," Orochimaru said.

"If medical ninjutsu can work to restore your arms, then why can't you heal him Kabuto?" Sakiya asked him.

"It takes a special type of medical ninjutsu to heal this. I don't know the proper techniques to do the healing," He explained to her. She nodded. Sakiya looked down to see several snakes dispersing.

"They are my messengers. That way I don't have to go out and do it myself," Orochimaru said.

"Here, help me wrap his arms," Kabuto said, handing her wraps. She took them and walked up to Orochimaru. She took his arm. It was slightly bleeding and he winced every time she moved it. She wrapped his arm as tightly as possible but made sure it was comfortable for him.

"I have gotten word back. Tsunade is in a small gambling village near the Leaf," He said.

"When do we leave?" Sakiya asked.

"You are not going anywhere. You need to stay here and take care of everything," Kabuto said. Sakiya nodded in understanding.

"We leave in the morning," Kabuto said. Orochimaru shook his head.

"No, we must leave immediately," He said.

"No, you need to rest. You just had your arms taken," Kabuto explained. Kabuto helped Orochimaru up and left the room. Sakiya wanted to learn more about this sealing jutsu. She didn't understand. Something had to restore his arms fully. She continued looking through the books in the room. She walked to the other side and looked. One book caught her eye. She opened it up and flipped through it. She looked at the page and it had the Reaper Death Seal on it. She read down and saw that there was a way. Orochimaru had to wear the mask of the Reaper and slice his own stomach open to release the souls in the Reaper. She marked the page and took it to Kabuto. She looked everywhere for Kabuto, but he was nowhere to be found.

"I guess he gave in and took Orochimaru," Sakiya said to herself. She took the book back to her room. She would show Kabuto when he got back. She wondered what she needed to do right now. She decided to go check on Kimimaro.

She walked into the room and checked all his vitals. He seemed to be doing fine, for the position he was in. Just as she was about to walk out, he stopped her.

"What happened to Lord Orochimaru?" He asked. She turned to him.

"The Hokage sealed his arms. Kabuto is taking him to find Tsunade right now," She told him.

"I see," He said in a sad voice. Sakiya walked over towards his bedside and sat down.

"What's wrong Kimimaro?" She asked.

"I just wish I could be of service to him right now," He said.

"What do you mean?" She asked him. She heard him let out a small sigh.

"Lord Orochimaru saved me when I was a kid. I was kept prisoner in my own clan. They feared my power. Lord Orochimaru saved me and brought me with him. I made a decision to help him in any way he needed. I was going to let him use my body when he was ready, but then I got sick. Right now, I could be helping him but I'm stuck in this bed until I die," He explained to her.

"You've done everything he has asked of you. You have been by his side and helped him. Right now, what you can do for him is get better," She told him. He didn't say anything after that. Sakiya got up and walked out. She felt bad for him. He reminded her of Haku. Haku was a weapon for Zabuza and risked his life for him when he needed it and died for him. That was loyalty.

She walked through the rest of the experiment rooms, making sure that they were still working and okay. She didn't know what to do now. She wished she could have gone with Kabuto, but she understood why she wasn't allowed. She had basically just left the village. She couldn't risk getting caught right now.

She walked to her room and laid down. She wondered how the rest of the Chunin Exams went. If Naruto won and how Sasuke was doing with the curse mark. Her mind drifted to Sakura. She wondered how she was doing and if she was okay. She knew she was hurt right now about her leaving the village and not telling her, but she couldn't. She would have tried to stop her and she didn't want that. Kabuto had said that Sasuke would be coming to the hideout. She wondered if that was true. She wanted him to come. She wanted to get stronger with him.

She went to sleep, wondering about everything and wondering what these next few days would bring.