XVIII

[ A/N: Follow me on Instagram as hj_mallick ]

Alina's PoV

Do you ever wonder how it feels like to be alive again, to feel as if everything is created for you, to feel the air smile, to feel the leaves happily dance as if they are expressing their gratitude to you, to feel as if your heart is swelled up with pleasure? This is how I feel when we traveled towards our destination. The Meadows and trees passed by, the reapers, the rural woman with a pot fixed on their head, all of them in colorful dresses. Some with veils, some not. Walking along the road in groups or alone. Animals in herds with Shepherds. Everything seems alive and blossoming.

We had hired a van for the long journey to the interior Sindh canceling the idea of going by train. A police mobile was with us for our safety and security while my bodyguards were on the bus with us. We were almost at our destination. The journey had been quite pleasant and comfortable. It seems like we were going for a picnic. Well, that was an unmentioned truth cause we were actually.

The van halted in front of an extravagant, classical mansion. I stared at the building in awe. It was aesthetically pleasing to stare at the vintage-style architecture. I was awestruck so does my teammates. The guards did the ritual inspection then allowed us to enter the building. The driver drove through the gate and all of us stared out of the window, admiring the breathtaking view of the entrance. There was widespread lawn on both sides, neem tree alined along the way casting shadows over our head. I was mesmerized. Even after the long journey, I felt refreshed and enthusiastic.

Our car halted in front of the entrance of the mansion. Their servants immediately came to pick up our luggage as we get down.

" Welcome, Miss Alina, it's an honor to have you here, " Mr. Fareed stepped forward and greeted us warmly. It was his sister-in-law plus cousin's wedding for whom we were designing jewelry.

I walked ahead with him while my team was taken by the servants. My bodyguard followed us alert for any mishap. I raised my hand and signaled him that I am okay and he should be at ease. I don't want to make Mr. Fareed uncomfortable. The moment was played swiftly so no one understands except for us.

He asked about the journey as a formality and I answered him courteously.

" Thank you so much for taking care of our accommodation, it means a lot, " I thanked him genuinely.

" No need for that you are our guest, " He said humbly bowing slightly with one hand on his heart. This man seems sophisticated and well-mannered.

" Your house is beautiful, " I praised him and he smiled as we crossed the hallway.

" You haven't met my wife yet she is even more beautiful, " he remarked and I smiled.

" This made me more curious to see your lady. " I told him and he lightly laughed.