*Like* like you

It was around the evening that a certain unlucky boy was found sprinting out of the city and going directly towards a familiar forest, clutching a basket and book closely to his sides.

The hour prior he had been taking his time to prepare the best meal he could make for his forest friend, though it was rendered pretty difficult due to his reoccurring unluckiness. But he pulled though! With the help of his dads of course...

It was a simple meal, steak, chicken-mushroom skewers and a few Mondstadt hash browns. These were dishes that Bennett learned were much liked by his friend, and him too of course!

After preparing these dishes, he had wrapped them up neatly and packed them in a basket, which he currently held tightly in his right hand.

In his left hand however, he held a book he had borrowed from Amber, the Out-rider of the Knights of Favonius.

He didn't know her well, but he had seen her clutching said book in her hands when bumping into her during one of his adventures. Upon seeing it, he had thought of his friend. Thus, leading him to ask Amber for the book, she said yes of course, but only after making Bennett swear on his life to protect it...

.

.

.

Out of breath, Bennett stopped by the Statue of the Seven situated near Wolvendom.
Uncharacteristically, Bennett had gotten lucky, and didn't run into a single hilichurl or slime on his way there so he had no reason to ask for the statues blessing.

Placing the book and basket down, Bennett laid down, closing his eyes, feeling the cool breeze on his skin.

Then...

*bonk*

"Ugh, ow... where did that come from!?" Sitting up, the boy looks at his surroundings, searching for whoever had tossed the rock.

His eyes landed on a figure fighting a small group of hilichurls, making quick work of them. They then turned around wiping the sweat off their brow.

It was Aether- uh Traveler... "Sorry about that Benny, we didn't see you there." He said, making his way towards Bennett.

"No problem! It happens more often than you think!" He replies. During their exchange however, a certain travel companion had made her way towards the sizable basket Bennett had brought with him, taking a whiff and almost immediately drooling.

"Bennett, who's  this for!?" Paimon yelled, causing Bennett to whip his head around and meet her gaze, she had completely disregarded the familiar book that laid beside the basket, focusing solely on the food.

"Oh, that's for my friend, Razor!" He says, a large smile making its way onto his face. Paimon and Aether exchanged looks before looking back at Bennett, "You must have worked pretty hard to make all this for him... what's the occasion?" Paimon questioned putting her hand on her chin.

"Well... I- uh don't really have a reason, just wanted to do something nice for him..." Bennet said, lightly scratching his head, a small blush appearing on his cheeks.

"Aww Paimon thought we could feast together, but Paimon guesses we can't..." Paimon says, clearly trying to guilt trip Bennett into giving them food.

"Uh Paimon don't we have somewhere to be right now, we should get going... see you later Benny!" Aether says before grabbing Paimon's small hand and dragging her away, saving Bennett from her not-so sneaky tricks, "Wha- hey Paimon's not done" But it was already too late, Traveler had sprinted off with the poor girl in his hands.