PROLOGUE

The Lovegoods were a strange family, even by Wizarding standards

The Lovegoods were a strange family, even by Wizarding standards. It had always been like, some Lovegood always present and claiming the existance of some creature or legend - and they could often be right, but most time were brushed off as the 'crazy Lovegoods'.

Xenophilius was no different. He had grown up surrounded by eccentric beliefs and even more eccentric family, following the pattern and growing up to be just like the others. And like the rest of his family, he attended Hogwarts.

Which would be where he met Pandora for the first time. In comparison to him, she was considered neat and put together - but truly just a 'strange' as he was, and a fellow Ravenclaw. They would begin to date a year after leaving Hogwarts, when Xenophilius started up The Quibbler, and Pandora - who had always expressed an interest in journalism - was appointed the editor.

Keeping with Lovegood traditions, Xeonphilius and Pandora's wedding occured in the late August sun, up in the moors besides Ottery St. Catchpole, where they intended to live. It was a lively affair, with rather strange but jolly music playing, sunflowers scattered all over, yellow practically colouring the whole event. 

There wouldn't be many guests - just their immediate family, and the people who would become their neighbors, specifically Mr and Mrs Weasley, joined by their children Bill, Charlie, Percy.

Xenophilius and Pandora would spend their honeymoon in Sweden, searching for Crumple-Horrned Snorkacks. And when they returned, Pandora found that she was pregnant. The couple were over the moon, and were even more happy when nine months later, their little girl was born.

She was born at precisely midnight on the 2nd May 1978, and named Rhea, after another one of Saturn's moons, just like Pandora. Rhea took after her mother and father to the point where it was almost uncanny, long flowing blonde hair, and matching features - not to mention her personality, which seemed just as dreamy and constantly dazed as her father.

Rhea was two when her younger sister was born, yet another blue eyed, blonde haired baby. Rhea had been ecstatic when Pandora told her that she was pregnant, the girl loved her little sister Luna since she was born.

The two girls were close in age, and so grew up together, following their father around the moors, singing about nargles and moon frogs, fishing for plimpies in the nearby stream. Pandora was only slightly more of the academic kind, her days spent creating spells and tapping away as she wrote out articles for The Quibbler. Rhea and Luna would sit together, mimicking her with their little fingers, tips turned purple from eating their bread with blueberry jam for breakfast.

They lived a happy life, summers spent on the moors, winters spent curled up in front of the fire together. And then, when Rhea turned eleven, rather than going to Hogwarts, Pandora spent the rest of the year teaching her daughter French, and Rhea arrived in France to go to Beauxbatons. 

Her first year seemed to be going well, until the last month of the summer term. That was when Madame Maxime called her into her office, and let her know that there had been an accident. Her mother had passed away when a spell she was in the midst of experimenting with. 

Rhea left Beauxbatons for the rest of her first year right then, returning home until the start of the next school year. The family of four turned to three, and they grieved the loss of Pandora, following Lovegood traditions as they buried her. 

She would return back to Beauxbatons for her second year, just as quiet and dazed as before. But she seemed colder, less herself. And over the years, that bubbly dreamy girl returning after time.

Rhea tended to keep to herself, making friends in each of her classes but never just one - except really Fleur Delacour, who was first drawn to her because of her striking blonde hair, and then loved hearing about the creatures that Rhea thought were real. 

When it came to her sixth year at the school, Rhea joined the delegations from her school upon Fleur's request, travelling to Hogwarts to watch the Triwizard Tournament. For the first time ever, Rhea attended school with her sister, which is who she spent most of her time with whilst at Hogwarts.

And when the Triwizard Tournament ended in tragedy, Rhea didn't return to Beauxbatons, but instead went straight home, going with Xenophilius to the platform to pick up Luna. And then, after that summer of helping her dad with The Quibbler, believing exactly what Harry Potter was saying, Rhea would return to Beauxbatons for her final year.

It went by so quickly, and deciding that she wanted to go out into the world a little earlier than her peers, professors telling her she was more than ready to take her exams, Rhea would take her exams, pass with flying colours and graduate early, having a small ceremony with Fleur, her father and Madame Maxime present. 

Then, Rhea would return to England, with full intentions of making her own way in life. Which was how she ended in the attic room above the Apothecary in Diagon Alley. 

Ready to discover what she truly wanted.