Chapter 21

*Time Skip*

Annie woke up. The sun was bright outside. She got up and got ready for her day at the Military Police.

*Meanwhile*

"Haven't you heard? That Titan kid and the main leadership were summoned to the capital. They'll be coming through town today" a civilian stated.

"I see. I'm sure he'll end up being dissected this time." the other civilian said.

"I hope things work out, and things go thoroughly and that they seal the gate." the other civilian said.

A man heard the what the man said and dropped his bag.

"Did you just say seal the gate? Are you suggesting that we defile the walls even further? Defiling the three wall goddesses with our puny human hands, is an unforgiveable sin!" The man said. One the civilians noticed that he had a necklace signifying that he is a priest.

Everyone began to get out of the way of the man. He was going crazy.

*Time Skip*

Annie was making her way down the stairs and met up with the Military Police members.

"You finally woke up. You look so scary when you sleep. I didn't want to wake you up. I'm sorry Annie." Hitch said.

"You've been too lax lately." Marlo said.

"Huh? Are you mad?" Hitch asked Annie.

"Well, aren't you a friendly one. Leave her alone. She came from the Trost District. She's the only one here that has been in a fight. She's been through hell and back, it'll take her time to recover." a soldier next to Marlo said.

"Oh? I see. You like her, don't you? What's so great about her" Hitch said teasing the soldier.

"Hitch, there is only one way an idiot like you makes it into the Military Police." The soldier said.

"Oh? And what would that be? I wouldn't know." Hitch said.

"Hey! You two need to stop!" Marlo whisper shouted.

A higher-up walked up to the line of soldiers and saluted.

"Don't bother saluting. Today, we have a different kind of task for you than your usual busywork. That's why I had all of you come here. It regards with the Survey Corps group that has been summoned to the capital. They'll be passing through the city's main street today. Your job is to escort them. We need to handle them as they come through this town. We've been granted temporary permission to use 3DMG in the city. You will guard them in tandem with their own security. You'll travel by barge to the area where your mission will begin. That is all." the higher-up stated.

"May I ask something, sir?" Marlo asked.

"Hmm? What is it?" the higher-up asked

"What are we protecting them from? I've never heard anyone within the walls rebel against the monarchy. There are minor criminals. But it is hard to imagine that any real organization unless they are based outside the walls. I can't imagine any possible motive." Marlo stated.

"Oh. You're so serious. Well then, you'll be in charge of everything. Here, these are the details." the higher-up said as he handed Marlo some papers and walked toward a door.

"Us officers are already busy enough. You handle this on your own. Don't screw this up. Got it?" the higher-up said as he opened the door to play cards and drink booze

*Time Skip*

"Damn! He's just screwing around!" Marlo shouted.

"Yeah, this is organization is even more rotten that I'd imagined. Honestly, that is why I chose it. They make you do everything when you are a rookie. Why didn't anyone tell me about this?" Hitch complained.