chp 1

"ugh"

getting up , xiao brushes himself off. slowly standing , he looks around. he's surrounded by flowers and grass , as if he was in an abandoned garden. wildflowers and daisies littered the field , the breeze soft against his skin.

"hey !! over here !" a voice shouted. although faint ,xiao immediately turned towards the source of the call. 

there he stood , waving his hands in the air excitedly. his hair was the same as always , dyed green at the ends in pigtails. he donned the same outfit as always , with the cap. with no hesitation , xiao ran towards him , happy.

" there you are ! i was looking for you !" 

"looking for me ? venti , did you bring me here ?"

"yeah , i did ! ya like it ?"

looking into his teal colored eyes , xiao smiled even wider.

" i love it" 

" i brought you here so we could spend time together !" after that , venti falls backwards into the soft patch of grass and flowers , laughing . slowly sitting down , xiao joins him , taking off his cap and petting his head as venti laid there.

" xiao !"

"venti ?"

"i love you "

"i love you too"

smiling at each other , tears dripped down xiao's cheeks.

"hey.. why are you crying ? i know we haven't seen each other in so long , but please don't cry.."

"i missed you so much.." xiao said , hiccupping , trying to keep his tears in. without venti , he was always aloof and cold without a bother in the world. only he could make xiao smile.

" i know baby.. i know." getting up , venti pressed his forehead lightly against xiao's.

closing his eyes , venti kissed him lightly before continuing. xiao looked down , grabbing venti's hand in his.

"i love you xiao. i really do , and i wish to see you happy all the time .. please , xiao . for your happiness, let me go. i'm gone. please , my love."

the words rang clear in xiao's ear.

"let me go."

looking up , venti was gone.

frantically standing , he ran around the garden, finding for him.

"venti.. please come back.. i miss you."

out of breath , he spotted a sign . approaching it , he noticed the words on it .

; "the garden of eden"

" the garden of eden ..?"

as soon as he said the words written on the sign , he woke up from his sleep.

slowly sitting up , his cheeks felt damp from the tears.

"i'm sorry venti , but i can't let you go. i just can't. i love you."